cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Synchronization: ABAP and Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We did a fresh PI 7.0 SP11 installation. After completion of post installation activities, we started creating users. Using tcode su01, we created a new user and assigned it the roles of PISUPER.

ASAIK the user created in su01 is reflected in Java stack also. Now I am able to login to the ABAP stack using the new created user. But i couldnt login to the Integration Builder using the same user. The problem is not related to the roles of user bcoz we added all the roles mentioned in help.sap and we had did this earlier also.

So we think that our user is not getting replicated in Java engine and it could be an installation problem. Could anyone suggest us how to proceed?

Thanks,

Prateek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hvae you checked the UME Settings in the Visual Admin/Config Editor?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly should we check there?

I think some setting in UME would surely help. On further analysis we came to know that the client copy from 001 to 100 may have raised the issue. During installation, we created the PISUPER on client 001. That client was copied on 100 and now the user we create on 100 is unable to login to Integration Builder.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

chek the correct usrname and password and connection settings are there.

Did you change the ExchangeProfile to the correct client as part of the post installation tasks?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you create another client, only one will remain as the Integration Server.

Check in SXMB_ADM whether each client is configured as "Application Server" or "Integration Server".

Also, only users from the client that is configured as Integration Server will be able to log on Integration Builder.

Regards,

Henrique.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for ur help.

We managed to solve the issue. It was related to the client copy. The client 100 was not configured as Integration Server.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u tell me how one can check whether the client is installed as "Application System" or "Integration server".

I am facing the same problem. My user id's are not reflecting on java stack.

Regards,

Miten.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration.

Check the "Role of Business System" field.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi henrique,

It is saying "Not Yet Configured"

Regards,

Miten.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this client should be your Integration Server, change it to "Integration Server". If you just created a client for abap developments, for example to test proxies, set it as "Application Server".

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This client need to be my integration server. However am not able to change it to "Integration Server". Do I need some kind of roles.

Regards,

Miten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i do check(F7) it says "Check Corresponding Integration server".

Rgds,

Miten Jain.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean after you have changed the role to "Integration Server"?

Maybe you have duplicated IS. Have you set client 001 as "Application Server"?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henri,

I am not sure abt that. I dont have login to 001 client. Let me check with the basis guy. When i log into 001 client i need to change its status to Application server. After that i can change the status of my prod client to "Integration server".

Regards,

Miten jain

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have only 1 Integration Server.

But please not that only changing this field in SXMB_ADM is not enough to fully define the client as IS. There are several other steps, including Exchange Profile, UME settings, RFC Data Providers etc.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client 001 is configured as "Integration Server". But my prod client(501) is not yet configured . I am not able to change the configuration of 001 client to "Application server" and 501 client to "Integration Server". Can u suggest me how to go about it?

Regards,

Miten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miten,

To change the role of the client ..

Go to SXMB_ADM- Integration Engine Configuration-

In Menu Click on Edit - Change Global Configuration data.

In Client 001 - Select the Role as Application System.

In Client 501 - Select the role as Integration Server.

Click on the System Landscape button . It will get the link of the Integration Engine from the SLD.

I would also suggest you to search for SAP Notes that talk about Client Copy . You follow that and see if you missed any steps.

Also search for Configuration/ Post Installation guide for XI.

Incase you are not able to find the note let us know will find the same and let you know the link.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sumit.

I am not able to connect to J2EE visual admin. user id I am using is that of J2EE admin. I am getting the following error:

"Error while connecting

java.lang.NullPointerException".

Regards,

Miten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Miten,

Open your browser and enter

http://<xiservername>:j2eePort

What do you get ?

Also are you able to see XI Home page from browser?

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u all.

The problem is solved. My client was not configured as "Integration Server".

I followed SAP NOTE 940309.

Regards,

Miten Jain.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Clear your JAVA cache ( your system ). That will resolve the issue..

Usually the path will be - C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\IBM\Java\Deployment\javaws\cache\http

Regards

Agasthuri Doss