cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnecting sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

At the moment, we are experiencing minor network connection problems ( VPN connection drop out between hosting environment and us ( this is actually a max of 5 sec )). Is there any way, that I can configure on the server or on the SAP GUI that session will not die for small disconnections like that ?

Please advice.

N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help. At this time, our problem is apparently due to VPN issue some where along the line and Network guys are working.

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

you can increase the time out by changing the rdisp/gui_auto_logout parameter in RZ10.

However we also have several issues with our VPN when customers connect with their SAP GUIs (through Citrix) on our SAP systems but we have not managed to 100% eliminate this issue.

Award if useful.

Best regards,

Loukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

rdisp/keepalive_timeout may be correct option to edit rather than gui_auto_logout

If my VPN connection is dropped for 30 sec. session should not be lost if my rdisp/keepalive_timeout -- > is ste to 60 sec.

What value did you setup for mentioned parameter ?

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

the value for the mentioned parameter is 43200 seconds.

The one you mentioned as well rdisp/keepalive_timeout is dependent on the gui_auto_logout and I have defined it to 60 seconds.