cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using/Not using quality information records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a brief question, as per the help documentation Quality Information Records

<i>Quality Information Record

Definition

If a quality assurance agreement or a vendor release is required for a material, you must create a quality information record (quality info record). The quality info record determines how the material can be processed further.

Use

When a quotation or purchase order is created, the system checks whether a quality info record is required and available for the combination of material and vendor.

The system also checks whether the vendor and material-vendor combination is blocked or released for quotations, purchase orders and/or goods receipt. The execution of this check depends on the setting of the QM in procurement control key in the material master.

The quality info record displays a vendor block specified in the vendor master, the vendor's QM system, and the lock date.

You can also specify a status profile for releasing the supply relationships and the QM system of the material-vendor combination in the quality info record. You can also decide whether you want to deactivate the goods receipt inspection or perform a goods receipt inspection and/or source inspection.</i>

Can you let me know if there is any adverse impact if they are not used?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely no adverse impact..

depends on the client's business...

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

There is no adverse impact. As and when required the quality infor records will be used by the system depend on the client busines process.

cheers

SAN