cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convertion from UTF-16 to UTF-8 in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From Source system (MDM), sometimes data are coming in UTF-16 format in to XI. My target system is R/3 which is UTF-8. Here's the scenario:-

MDM->MQ Queue-> Local JMS Queue-> XI->R/3

Here I am using sender JMS Queue adapter to receive the data from Local JMS Queue and using receiver IDOC adapter to send the IDOC into R/3. I am using ABAP mapping for this scenario.

Since the target system in UTF-8 and the data are coming sometimes in UTF-16, how can I change the format UTF-16 to UTF-8 in sender JMS adapter.

Please advice.

Reply with details would be appreciated.

BR

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this suggests you can do at MQ level

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c1/739c4186c2a409e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Character Set ID (CCSID) of Destination

Specifies the character set for the above-specified name. This entry does not affect the character set of the transferred messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. From source data are coming in UTF-16 format in XI, and in target if I want the data to be sent out from XI in UTF-8 format, rather in UTF-16 format, for this, if I put CCSID 1208(that is for UTF-8), does that mean that the the target will receive the data from XI in UTF-8 format. Or it does mean something else. Please let me clear this thing, if in CCSID in sender JMS adapter I put 1208(For UTF-8), what does that mean.

BR

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya ,

You can do this in Adapter module in JMS sender adapter .

obj = inputModuleData.getPrincipalData();

msg = (Message) obj;

XMLPayload xmlpayload = msg.getDocument();

xmlpayload.getContent()

convert from UTF 16 to UTF 8 then

xmlpayload.setContent();

Hope this works.

Cheers,

Reddy

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI works internally always with UTF-8. So you have to put in sender adapter the source encoding, in receiver adapter the target encoding.

So find the CCSID for UTF-16 and put this to the JMS channel.

Regards

Stefan