cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM-XI-SRM partner profile MM-XI or MM-SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

we want to use SRM-SUS scenario transferring POs between MM<->XI<->SRM. The communication between MM and XI is Idoc based.

When setting up partner profile (tx: WE20) in MM I am not sure which system is the partner for Idoc communication? Is it the business system SRM or the XI system between?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should add the message type to outbound parameters in the partner profile for XI in MM system.

-Go to WE20 in MM systems

-Select the partner profile for XI

-Add the message type to outbound paramters

hope this helps.

Prasad Babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From MM to XI it should be the XI system.

Rgds,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

yes, that is it for the technical way. But in the ConfigGuide for "Plan-Drive Procurement with Supplier Integration" there is mentioned the "" as logical system for purchasing output determination (tx: MN05).

Does it work like this:

• technical connection goes to XI via RFC

• but the logical partner system is the SRM system?

I asked that because we are currently facing problems creating IDoc messages in MM. The message (ORDERS05) is intended for sending via XI to SRM.

Can anyone provide me with information for solving the issue?

Regards,

Björn

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While creating partner profile in MM system, it should be of XI.

<i>technical connection goes to XI via RFC but the logical partner system is the SRM system?</i>

In MM, u need a logical system for XI also.

<i>we are currently facing problems creating IDoc messages in MM</i>

Wht is the exact problem? Wht is the error u r getting?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

THe Logical systems look like this for connectivity...

SRM > XI > SAP (MM)

SRMCLNT100 > XIDCLNT100 > SAPCLNT100

SAP (MM) > XI > SRM

SAPCLNT100 > XIDCLNT100 > SRMCLNT100

Partner Profile in SAPCLNT100 would be XIDCLNT100 for inbound and the same for outbound as this is the connecting system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

the exact problem is, that creating Idoc messages (purchase order -> ORDERS) on MM and afterwards sending via ALE to a XI system is not working.

The following error occurs for partner function LS and partner CHICLNT100(defined partner system in WE20) when trying to assign output message in a purchase order:

"Partner CHICLNT100 does not exist for partner function LS"

But the partner CHICLNT100 is defined in WE20 for partner function LS. Is there any other setting important, where a combination of partner and partner function is done?

Regards,

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you complete all the distribution settings in SALE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

problem is solved.

As many of you mentioned the partner for MM is the XI system. What's happening behind XI is not interesting for MM and IDoc generation.

The Idoc-Problem in ALE is solved also. There was a not easy to find mis-configuration in partner profile and customer model.

Thanks for your hints.

Regards,

Björn v. Wahl