cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Pricing Multilevel configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pricing Gurus,

I am in a typical VC situation.The Product is Multilevel and has Pricing Relevant Options at the Top level configuration and also Lower level Configurable assemblies.The Customer would do a Multilevel configuration in the Sale Order.

I am want some process to roll up the Variant Prices from the Lower level to the Top level such that

Net Price = Base Price (top level)

+ Variant Prices( Top level)

+Variant prices(lower level)

Any ideas / suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

vs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear fnds,

Multilevel configuration:if customer wants some laptop...he may select all components ,In this price depends on Hard disk and RAM....if iam i rgt...

you can maintain in SAP by using OD's....like with the combination of HP250 GB3GB ram etc...

you just needs to maintain the OD's if possible take a help of your PP consultant....

Regards

raj.

0 Kudos

Hello Shobhan,

Is this issue is resolved. Because I too have the same requirement where the variant price rolls up from different levels to the top one.

If somebody has the solution can you please explain it.

Regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

whether your problem is resolved or not? if not please come with the question or reward close it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about creating different (variant) condition types and assigning them to your pricing procedure. For instance for Base price ZBP, Higher level ZHL and Lower level ZLL. If you set ZHL and ZLL as variant condition types, and create condition records for every combination of configuration, I can't see why you couldn't achieve what you want.

You could use tables in your configuration profile to determine the values for your variable conditions.

I don't know the configuration of your materials but assuming that the configuration of the material in sales is done by choosing different characteristics, you could do the following:

Let's say you've got CHARACTERISTIC1, CHARACTERISTIC2, LOWERLEVELPRICE, HIGHERLEVELPRICE in a 300 class

In CU60 you can create a table with key fields CHARACTERISTIC1, CHARACTERISTIC2 and with variant characteristics LOWERLEVELPRICE, HIGHERLEVELPRICE. Then in the maintenance of the table you can specify the values:

LARGE, BLUE, P1, P1

LARGE, GREEN, P2, P2

SMALL, BLUE, P3, P3

SMALL, GREEN, P4, P4

Then create the condition records in VK11

ZHL for P1 = 100

ZHL for P2 = 150

etc...

ZLL for P1 = 200

ZLL for P2 = 250

etc.

And in your pricing condition that would look like

ZBP = (whatever condition record you've created in VK11)

ZHL = P1

ZLL = P1

adding the three records.

Hope it makes sense.

I've created a step by step guide where I explain the use of Configuration profiles with tables.

http://sapqueries.blogspot.com/2007/05/variant-configuration.html

cheers

Michalis

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michalis,

appreciate your prompt and detailed reply.basically

ZHP and ZHL are added as they are at the top level.How to add ZLL to them.Its at the Next level .

10 Top level ZHP , ZHL

20 Next level ZLL

hope you understood my question.

Regards,

Sobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's hard tro tell if I can't see the exact configuration. I don't have much experience in multiple configuration levels. Wouldn't your scenario work if you used all three condition types at the highest level, or do you want for reporting reasons to have the conditions set at each individual level?

As far as I'm concerned you can have all your pricing conditions at the level of your configurable material, depending on the values that you assign to the characteristics.

Sorry I can't help any further.

Suggestions anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michail,

Situation is a Multilevel Configuration and each level has to be configured separately( Not from from Top)

Example :

Top Level Model A : >> Customer Selects Features and Variant Pricing is Set

Next goes to Next Level

Assembly B: >>> Customer Selects Features and Variant Pricing is Set

There are about six Instances of Assembly B at lower level and so we cannot infer the Values from Top level.

-

-

Assembly B: >>> Customer Selects Features and Variant Pricing is Set

Similarly About six Instances of Assembly C, D and E

The Question was , how to get the Variant Prices from the Lower Configurable level and roll it to the top level.

In VC the Variant Pricing only works for the Specfic Item i.e. Variant Prices are inferred for the Top level based on the Variant Conditions at Top Level.

Variant Prices are not inferred at the Top level for the Variant Conditions assigned at the Lower level configuration.

Thanks,

Sobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VC the Variant Pricing only works for the Specfic Item i.e. Variant Prices are inferred for the Top level based on the Variant Conditions at Top Level.

Variant Prices are not inferred at the Top level for the Variant Conditions assigned at the Lower level configuration.

I'm trying to figure something like this out as well. (I know this is an old post)

kmata can be sold separate

kmatb can be sold separate

kmata has kmatb under it

selections in kmatb will not price when kmata is sold