Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving transaction from one account to other

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to move all transactions from one G/L account to other G/L account where previously the old G/L account is used as A/R account customer but several months later it is not used anymore, the new G/L account was created and used as A/R account for customer. There are some customers that still have open invoices in the old documents including manual journal entry transactions in the old account. So, when I run internal reconciliation I could not get the invoice in the old account, when I run the query that can show internmatch and externmatch, I see they are empty.

Could I move the all transactions ? Do I have to cancel all invoices made ?

I appreciate your answer TIA.

Rgds,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

Unfortunately, there seems no options to overcome the situation. Mainly because there are already transaction in the Old AR account.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best wishes

Suda

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

I don't think it is possible to move transaction from one AR account to another. The best thing to do would be be cancel and re create the Invoices from the New AR Account.

Suda

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

tks for your answer. I have to reconcile many invoices to many incoming payments where a certain company can make 4 - 5 times incoming payments to 1-2 invoices.

When 1st payment is to invoice no. 340098 that the customer's account receivable is 2010020 on 1st nov 2005 and then full paid on 2nd payment on 1st march 2006 where the BP's A/R account has been changed to 2010030. so, I could not reconcile it manually.

seems there is no way out..?

Rgd

Steve