Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Forecast Consumption not happening with BAPI Sales Order Load

Hello Experts,

We are facing this issue with the Forecast not being consumed with the Sales Orders that were loaded with BAPI Savemulti2.

Our Forecast is released from a lower version of SCM 4.1 to SCM 5 through a BW Infocube. This creates a PIR of type FA.

The sales orders are loaded from flat files using the BAPI SAVEMULTI2. These create orders of type BM.

The Requirement Strategy in the product master is 20 (PLANNING WITH FINAL ASSEMBLY) with consumption type both forward and backward.

The product view Forecast overview does not show any consumption, though there are forecast and the sales orders within the range specified for the consumption. Even if they are on the same day.

Also, the Demand_calc() function used in the consumption calculation step in the standard macro of the standard SNP planning book 9ASNP94 does not consider consumption, and so the sales order and the forecast gets added up in the total demand.

SAP Help mentions that "<i>Only sales orders that were created in R/3 and then transferred to SAP APO or that were created using a BAPI are consumed. If a BAPI is used, the sales orders must have the internal request type ‘52’."</i>

Where can I find more information about the Internal Request Type.

What else needs to be checked.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Sudarsan,

Please also check the note:

Note 568506 - Collective consulting note on consumption of forecasts. The most important note in this is Note 159937 - Checklist requirements consumption and reduction in APO. Hope this helps.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question