cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Consumption not happening with BAPI Sales Order Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are facing this issue with the Forecast not being consumed with the Sales Orders that were loaded with BAPI Savemulti2.

Our Forecast is released from a lower version of SCM 4.1 to SCM 5 through a BW Infocube. This creates a PIR of type FA.

The sales orders are loaded from flat files using the BAPI SAVEMULTI2. These create orders of type BM.

The Requirement Strategy in the product master is 20 (PLANNING WITH FINAL ASSEMBLY) with consumption type both forward and backward.

The product view Forecast overview does not show any consumption, though there are forecast and the sales orders within the range specified for the consumption. Even if they are on the same day.

Also, the Demand_calc() function used in the consumption calculation step in the standard macro of the standard SNP planning book 9ASNP94 does not consider consumption, and so the sales order and the forecast gets added up in the total demand.

SAP Help mentions that "<i>Only sales orders that were created in R/3 and then transferred to SAP APO or that were created using a BAPI are consumed. If a BAPI is used, the sales orders must have the internal request type ‘52’."</i>

Where can I find more information about the Internal Request Type.

What else needs to be checked.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudarsan,

Please also check the note:

Note 568506 - Collective consulting note on consumption of forecasts. The most important note in this is Note 159937 - Checklist requirements consumption and reduction in APO. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All of you for the help.

There was one detail that we missed. The Sales Order consumption happens only if the Original Quantity of the Sales Order is not initial (Alloc_qty in the BAPI).

Sudarshan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudarsan,

Please refer below the checks you need to make based on SAP note# 552281. This note is relevant for APO v.31, but I think its still good to check these settings:

1. Is a valid entry was entered in field REQUIREMENTS-CHECK_MODE? Note that the value must correspond with the entry in the ATP Customizing for the check mode. That is, all three places of the check mode must be filled.

With the correction instructions, an additional check which tests whether the fields CHECK_MODE and MRP_INDICATOR have a valid value is installed. So, if an invalid value is transferred, a warning message (category 'W') is returned.

2. Is it set for CHECK_MODE that an assignment should be carried out?

3. MRP_INDICATOR must be initial so that the demand is at all relevant.

4. If all quantity fields are filled in parameter REQUIREMENTS?

5. Is a correct requirements strategy set in the product master?

6. Is a correct category for the planned independent requirement to be cleared entered for this requirements strategy and do the planned independent requirement/planned independent requirements have this category?

7. Is a correct assignment mode and a category group used for this requirements strategy. Is the ATP category (ATPCAT) of the sales order contained in this category group?

8. Is a consumption mode set in the product master and was a horizon entered for the consumption?

9. Does the customer requirement appear within this consumption period?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to create ATP category 52 (i thought it was 53... hmmm ) in the SPRO

just go to the img and do a search on ATP category to reach the right node...

you should be able to fill in the fileds there which are relevant to consumption... cant recall the settings exactly

Relevant categories are maintained in the /SAPAPO/ATP03 table

This number 52 also needs to be maintained in the material master in the ATP category field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

I dont see fields relevant for consumption in the category creation screen. There are only fileds for MRP element and R/3 Object other than Sort String.

Also, in the Product master there is not a field for the ATP category, but there is one for category group.

Will this category 52 replace BM as the sales order category ?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on my knowledge, the Forecast Consumption purely depends on requirements type that the Sales Order finally maps to. If you check in IMG on R/3 side for requirements type, there should be a field by the name "Ind requirements reduction" checkbox. If it is checked, then the forecast is reduced. The requirements type is derived from Strategy/Strategy group and can also be overridden in the transaction data itself. Please check what Requirements type and class your Sales order is pointing to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

We are not integrating the Sales orders to/ from R/3. We are loading it through a BAPI. Should there be any specific field other than the required quantiy, date, product and location that needs to be passed in order to effect the consumption of the forecast. Also, Forecast is integrated through a flat file as well.

Sudarshan