cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade question from 4.7 to ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade from 4.7 to ECC6. I want to know what is the impact on security?

Where I can download a list of all transactions for ECC6 so I can cross reference with my transactions on 4.7 and any enhancement to security?

Also, what If I have solution specific transactions, How do they get affected?

Please I am Basis and trying to help our security team. Please be clear in your answers.

regards,

KG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for your questions in the posts , answeres given below :

(1)I want to know what is the impact on security?

Ans : The impact on security in terms of password length is there and it is also case sensitive one you upgrade to ECC6.0

(2)Where I can download a list of all transactions for ECC6

Ans : there is no way to find out the list of all transacions of ECC6.0 untill u upgrade it..by the way i dont think any requirement of it.....SE93? It depends on which type of T-code u want to compare in 4.7 and ECC 6.0 , but most of the standard t-codes are there in ECC6.0.

(3)what If I have solution specific transactions, How do they get affected

Ans : solution specific transaction means customized one? if so then for identifying the effects do upgrade on test system first ..then identifying that all u r customized t-codes gives the correct o/p as it was given previousply or not ?

If you want to focus on particaular module during update (HR, MM,PP) then u can also check on service.sap.com for that.

The last thing i want to know is : security in terms of what ?? Authorization ? User level? T-code level? plz. calrify this first.

Regards,

kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamlesh,

Thank you for answering my questions. Couple more question.

Is there a document which SAP has published which can help me in this regard?

You are saying I can find info on service.sap.com, whould you know where?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

check

http://service.sap.com/releasenotes --> SAP Solutions --> SAP ERP -->SAP ERP 2005 --.> ECC 6.0 --> Chapter 27: BC Basis Components

It might be helpful

Thanks

Prince Jose