Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA02 Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue with restricting delivery block in the sales order change screen. Our Customer Service departments uses Delivery Block for various reasons both blocking and unblocking but if I allow them to Block/Unblock they will be able to release some blocks that are reserved only for the accounting department (credit limit or payment past due blocks) In V_VBAK_AAT authorization you can only limit blocking/unblocking based on the order type but not on the block type. Is there a way to limit certain block types for certain roles?

Thank you,

Sergiy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional info.

1. Create a new authorization object as a copy of V_VBAK_AAT and include the filed - Delivery Block

2. Assign new Authorization Object to VA01 and VA02 ( via SU24)

3. Modify all existing roles containing VA01/VA02 and make sure that Activity 43 is not included for chosen Delivery Blocks

4. Create new role with Activity 43 for chosen Delivery Blocks

5. Assign this new single role to relevant Users

Note: if any user exists on sales document exists.. it should be open for Authorization checks

Regards,

Srihari

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look in Su24 for all standard options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

the only thing I managed to authorize V_VBAK_AAT was the billing block without activities "Lock" and "Release". As far as I have seen anything on ECC 6.0 here the delivery block is not checked in the standard.

Kind regards,

Richard

0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the post. If I define Block/Release activity in V_VBAK_AAT then they can release all types of blocks. Still can't seem to find if there is anywhere I can define only special block types for releasing to customer service and leave the others for accounting only. Went through SU24 already before and no luck.

0 Kudos

Hello,

The data element LIFSK (Delivery block (document header)) will help u in this issue.

You can create a object as a copy of V_VBAK_AAT and include this as a field with actvt 43.

FYI - you need to check that if this block is assigned to the corresponding delivery type in the Customzing table (TVLSP). irrespective of settings in customizing - the delivery block is always effective at schedule line level.

if your want further assistance.. let me know.

Let me know if this helps you and plz reward me accordingly..

Thanks and Regards,

Srihari

0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

If you are asking for points then maybe you should include some info on how to extend the code in VA02 to perform an additional check on the custom object - if it's not in the code, it's not going to get checked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional info.

1. Create a new authorization object as a copy of V_VBAK_AAT and include the filed - Delivery Block

2. Assign new Authorization Object to VA01 and VA02 ( via SU24)

3. Modify all existing roles containing VA01/VA02 and make sure that Activity 43 is not included for chosen Delivery Blocks

4. Create new role with Activity 43 for chosen Delivery Blocks

5. Assign this new single role to relevant Users

Note: if any user exists on sales document exists.. it should be open for Authorization checks

Regards,

Srihari

0 Kudos

Hm, I think I followed the instructions but it does not seem to check for this additional object. if I take activity 43 from one role and then create another role with just this new authorization object (Z_VBAK_AAT) it does not seem to check for it, it still wants V_VBAK_AAT to have 43. My new authorization object (Z_VBAK_AAT) now has activity -43, Order type - '*' and Block Type - 01. I did add it to VA02 in the SU24. But I am new at this so might have done it wrong there. Could someone tell me how to correctly add it to VA02 in SU24 to make it check this new authorization object when taking the credit limit block off?

Thank you very much,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Adding your new object in SU24 will do absolutely nothing <i>unless the authorisation check logic in the code for VA02 is changed too</i>.

As this is a standard SAP transaction, that could range from being relatively simple to fiendishly difficult. I strongly recommend that you talk to your ABAP team to investigate the options for this

0 Kudos

hi Alex,

I agree with you. the code should also be modified to support custom objects.

Sergiy,

you need to check with ABAP team, identify the usage of V_VBAK_AAT(where used list). you should also check with your functional team to see that there are no user exists on Sales Orders. the AUTHORITY-CHECK is done along with SU24 on the txns. but it will me over rided by user-exists, if any.

Regards,

Srihari