cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full trucks SNP Optimizer (Integral means of transport)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We're trying to get a feasible & optimize plan as a result we want a plan using <b>Full Trucks using Deployment Optimizer</b>, for that purpose were set:

1. Discrete Optimizer

2. Transportation capacity constraint

3. Integral means of transport 3 Weeks (discrete constraints)

4. Fair Share allows early shipments and base on fair share non in costs.

Master Data:

1. Resource transportation resource size for example 25 PAL.

2. Finite resource

3. Transportation Lane: Discrete Means of transport active

We set costs: transportation, storage, safety stock penalty, non delivery, delay delivery, etc.

After we run non always respect the integral means of transport size for resource Does anybody has any idea what is missing in order to get a complete Full Trucks??

We already try the same using SNP Optimizer but the result is the same.

Thank you in advanced

Cynthia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cynthia,

Please Check in SNP Global settings Deployment lot size profile (Transportation lane).

Maintain snp lot size profile (Minimum and maximum lot size) and assign in the product specific means of transport.

Ex: Resource capacity 25 PAL, Minimum lot size 20PAL and maximum 25PAL.

If you want system to follow the integer multiples of lot size only then maintain rounding value in the transportation lot size profile as 25PAL.

If you want use product mix in the shipment then you can use TLB functionality.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor, Julien,

I am using Deployement Optimizer in 5.1 to decide whether i shoud ship directly of DC from Plant if there is enough truck load (10T) or if there is no enough truck load then i will ship to Central warehouse and then i will ship to DC.

This functianality i would like to achive during deployement so that my TLB will be correct and low cost.

Can you please share your experience/thoughts how i can achive this requirement?

Vipul Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

Can you please post a New message.

Regards,

kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyntia,

Vipul shah opened a separate thread and mentioned that the lot size profile that I suggested originally was product specific... which is true.

I suggested him to have a look at cost function that are defined on the transportation lane, at MOT level.

This should normally cover your requirement too!

Good luck

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing similar situtation.

I would like to deploy qty from Plant to DC directly if there is full truck load (say 10T) else I will deploy from Plan to Central Warehouse then to DC.

Can anyone tell me how can I achive this functionality in APO 5.1.

I am using deloyment optimizer.

Thanks,

Vipul Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cynthia, Vipul,

The resource on the transportation lane will limit the capacity by not handle rounding.

for this your can either use a lot sixe profile on the product / MOT specific transportation lane and use the product master (with appropriate setting in the SNP global setting in SPRO)

I hope it helps

Julien