Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy in Fox Formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two characteristcs:

- Profit Center

- Receiver Profit Center

Using fox formula can I copy KF values from characteristic Profit center to Receiver Profit Center?

In my scenario, I am recording my transaction as follows:

Profit center 1000

Recv. Profit center 2000

Amount $100

(there can be multiple such combinations)

I want to copy this information to:

Profit center 2000

Recv. Profit center 2000

Amount $100

(Profit center and Recv. Profit Center as same)

How can I copy such combinations? Any thought?

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the structure {Amount,Profit center,Recv.Profit Center} in FOX formula. You could do something like this:

{Amount,#,2000} = {Amount,1000,#}.

and

{Amount,#,2000} = {Amount,2000,#}.

Also, you can use a "copy" BPS formula, not a FOX.

Profit center: from -> To

1000 -> #

Recv.Profit Center: from -> To

1. -> 2000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for your response.

I tried doing this and this works fine also used copy function it is working fine, but I have hundreds of such combinations (entered through manual layouts) and instead of hardcoding how effectively I can use variables to run this formula or copy function. Had it been fixed allocations copy function would have been best solution.

Any ideas highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case you need to do something more complicated. This is an example that you can do:

<b>Cube to save distribution with one BPS planning area</b>

Description: You need to have a dummy key figure (value 1 if copy is needed)

Profit Center - Recv. Profit center – Ratio1 Key Figure

1000 – 2000 – 1

2000 – 2000 – 1

<b>Your Cube with your BPS planning area:</b>

Profit Center - Recv. Profit center – Amount

1000 – 2000 - $100

2000 – 2000 - $100

<b>Create a BPS multi-planning area with two previous and create a formula like this pseudo-code:</b>

For each ProfitCenter

..For each RecvProfitCenter

....If {Ratio1,ProfitCenter, RecvProfitCenter}=1.

......{Amount, RecvProfitCenter, RecvProfitCenter}= {Amount, ProfitCenter, RecvProfitCenter}.

....Endif

..Endfor

Endfor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for your response.

You mentioned following code by repeating RecvProfitCenter twice on Left side of the formula, is it correct? As I am not able to save if don't replace RecvProfitCenter with Profit Center as the operand is {Keyfigure, Profit Center, Receiving Profit Center}, am I missing something?

......{Amount, RecvProfitCenter, RecvProfitCenter}= {Amount, ProfitCenter, RecvProfitCenter}.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you, you aren’t able to save the RecvProfitCenter in the ProfitCenter because they are different InfoObjects, although the values to save are the same.

Then you can do something more, save the value of ProfitCenter as an attribute of RecvProfitCenter. Then access to this value of ProfitCenter with the function ATRV.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem320bw/helpdata/en/c4/9057425ca611d4b2e30050dadfb23f/frameset.htm