Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seucity Upgrade

0 Kudos

Please can anyone detail on what impact could be if the upgrade steps have not been performed through SU25 during upgrade

System upgraded from 4.6B to ECC 5.0 (long back- about a year back) and SU25 functionality has not been utilized. Please emphasize on the impact for the current running of business and on future upgrades.

How is the security impacted? I am in the process of rearchitecturing the security redesign and was encountering lot of yellow light and got a suspicion something is wrong and I checked the SU25 dates and they are pretty old.

I want to know how huge of a mess is it to do it right now. All I have done is doing it during the upgrades in the past not after the system has been stabilized.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will be missing new authorization checks, replaced/new transactions, and You might be spending time unnecessarily on adding auth objects manually, etc. practically you are siiting on 46B when it comes to Authority checks.

You can do SU25 now also, if it is not performed until now after the upgrade.

and you might have to spend 1-2 weeks in adjusting the checks and roles according to the checks you choose. and replacing the old t.codes with new ones in your roles. amount of time that will take depends on the amount of roles you have to adjust. check with your management, if you are planning for an upgrade to ECC6.0 in near future, then you can take care of all piled up things once and all.