cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI JDBC adapter - Can it be called & return values to XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Want to make an SQL request to database table and ruturn data back to XI.

Flow: SAP BW--

rfc-> XI -
jdbc request for data
-> SAP BUS ONE

SAP BW<----rfc--- XI -

jdbc return results--

SAP BUS ONE

1. XI-- request -- from> SQL Table Select * from Sap_B1 where date > payload_date.

2. Based on results pass those records back to XI to be mapped to inbound RFC for BW.

Does XI JDBC provide this capability or is there other options?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

so basically you will be sending request from BW system to JDBC via XI and want to get back the response from JDBC to BW,right?

if yes,then its definitely possible.on BW side you need to have either RFC or proxy(depending upon your requirement) on JDBC side you can have either a stored procedure or you can fetch the data by designing proper message type on receiver side

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir, thks I am familiar with the Rfc/proxy side and passing/insert_update data in SQL table using Jdbc via XI.

My question is with Jdbc, can you perform a request and reply sync process with jdbc? Is Jdbc protocol only one way? If one way, how would it work via stored procedure? You trigger the stored procedure via jdbc, but How does Stored Procdure send the data back to XI and call XI interface?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

yes,receiver JDBC is capable of handling both request and response in a single interface so you can use it in your scenario without any problem.

if you want to go with stored procedure way then the stored proc. needs to be on the database and the JDBC receiver communication channel from XI will pass data to it and get back response from it.get in touch with database guys to write stored proc.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures

if you dont want stored proc,then you can give the conditions in the receiver message type itself,this will query the database and will send back the response.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

both approaches are feasible,you just need to decide upon which one is more suited for u

Thanx

Aamir

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aamir,

hey buddy this is fine, but he wants to connect to SAP tables, how come its possible using JDBC adapter?

@William: Since you want to connect to SAP Table, the only option is by using RFC call to the SAP system. You can use function module called RFC_READ_TABLE and get the response from the SAP Table.

Please correct me if I didn't understood your requirement correctly!!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj

but his first line is "<i>Want to make an SQL request to database table and ruturn data back to XI.</i>" ,this means he has a database on the receiver side,isn't it?

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Aamir, even I too agree. But later point I realised that he needs to connect to the SAP Business One table, which we can't connect it directly, if i'm not wrong. William needs to get back on this. We will wait for him:-).

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ohhhh by SAP BUS ONE if he mean't SAP Business one,then whats the need for XI at all to integrate it with R/3,he can use the adapters of SAP Business one itself

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

William,

From where do you want get the database values, is it from SAP table? Or anyother RDBMS system? Can u please clarify it?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Get values from Sap Bus One sql table.

Basically XI makes Jdbc Select request of Bus One table where daterange passed = BusOne_date_range.

Ex. Get data for given month only. Then pass that month data back to XI map another interface RFC/proxy to BW Sys. I am familiar with the RFC/Proxy calls. Not the Jdbc functionality for making a reqeust and getting reply back via Jdbc.