cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracted material in storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I did a 101 movement in MIGO and the system did a 543 for the components to relieve the material from vendor but I can't see the material at our storage location.

With best regards and Happy Diwali to all my friends.

Syed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Subcontracting PO concept itself is this -

You will provide some components to vendor (using 541 mvt type before hand)

Vendor completes manufacture of the finished product for you. This FG you will enter as item to be procured from the vendor in the pO with item category L

The bom maintained in CS03 provides components list to be sent to vendor (you may find within the PO at the item -->Material Data tab...click the higherarchy icon on the right side within this tab.

Now, when you receive finished product from your subcon vendor, it posts with 101 for FG and components are consumed automatically with 543. Hope, it is clear now...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala,

Thanks for your quick response. It is the finished product with 101 movement type in MIGO that I don't see at our storage location...

Regards

Syed

AY123
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Check the material document to see whether there is a storage location.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Storage location is defined in material document. In MIGO, storage location is greyed out so maybe the field is set as not required. Would you know where how to make this field as required?

Best wishes

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MIGO shows storage location number field greyed out...But, description field will be open for storage location...either you select from its possible entries or you type stloc's number in the description field, it automatically fills it...hope, this helps!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala,

In MIGO, storage location field is greyed out. What is happening is since in PR cost center is defined for the parent material (subcontracted material), in GR the material is expensed out to cost center. I want to receive the material in defined (MRP) storage location. I have looked in OMJX and storage location is input.

I would appreciate if someone could provide a specific answer to my query.

Thanks

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

When you create subcontracting PO, you will in general leave the account assignment category as blank...meaning you would receive it into stock..

Go ahead and remove the account assignment category in the PO if you want to receive it into stock...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gopala!

Answers (0)