cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Document Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was at the Solution Manager Seminar in Chicago and one of the attendees said that they had mass uploaded documents using the Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW). Has anyone used the LSMW for this and if so, could please provide me with some details?

regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of another way to mass upload documents into SolMan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

SAP provides a transaction SA_Migration to upload ValueSAP toolset documents into solution manager. You can use this program to 'mass' upload your documents.

This program is reading an xml file which has tags that will specify project structure, documents, types of documents etc. to be uploaded into a specific project.

This program maybe a good starting point for you to customize for the upload

Customers have modified this program to upload documents not only from ValueSAP toolset but also from custom application, Shared Folders on network drives but also from vendor applications such as Lotus Notes

-Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi, I'll research this more.

Anyone else done it another way? I've heard one team did it with QTP and an excel sheet that mapped the docs to the BPS.

Any other creative ways out there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

don't know any another approacj

When I worked for SAP this was the recommended approach and many customers

followed this.

The advantage is - development will be the 3rd party extract program as long as you stick the xml format from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys!

I got the xsd schema from the SAPValue2 migration tool, and I'm trying to use it in order to mass-upload a series of document... do you happen to have any documentation on the xsd file itself? I'm always getting errors when uploading the file, since I'm not really sure about what goes in what field. Can you please help me out or point me to the right direction?

Thanks and regards!

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

It would be great if anyone could send me the XSD, then I could also serve my customer

with a nice load of documents!!

Please send it to rkoppela@xs4all.nl

Thanks in advance,

Rutger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings.

If it is not too much to ask I also need the xsd schema, please, I am facing the same problems with mass document upload in Solution Manager. Also If you have documentation or tips for me about this matter they will be welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Catalin