cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy Movement Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a Dummy movement type which can be used in the sub line items in sales order which does'nt have any effect in account and else where. THIS IS THE REQ

So basically I need to create a Dummy Movement type which does nothing....

Can you guys help me out???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry, trying to understand the requirement...which does nothing means? should it update quantity atleast?

I can easily address your requirement...just confirm about quantity

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Just give solution for both Quantity update and NO qty Update..

Hey I was not able to assign point for your reply..I dont know whatz going on.But anyhow Thanks a lot for all your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Can you give me solution for both Quantity update and NO qty Update..

Hey I was not able to assign point for your reply..I dont know whatz going on.But anyhow Thanks a lot for all your replies.

Thanks a Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

Thanks for the encouraging words! Some weird brains are working on suppressing forum points, perhaps! Let's leave it to them....world has as many brains and ideas as the population on earth!!

Its very easy if you are strong in IM. Still, not a big thing...I can guide you

Go to OMJJ

Create a movement type by copying 601 to say 901 (or Z01)

Now:

1) Table T156 will have something called posting reference.

2) Taking the posting reference to the table T156SY, for the Posting Reference determined in the step# 1, SAP finds two things called: Value Reference Key and Quantity Reference Key

3) Value Reference Key is verified in table T156W and Qty ref in T156M

Earlier T156S used to be there before 4.6 B. It is divided into T156SY(Client independent System table) and T156SM (Client Dependent - customized)

...For our context, T156SY is important.

With the above knowledge, let's now see how movement type determines Quantity and value reference keys in any transaction:

Your movement type say 601 : From this, (T156), it finds Posting reference: 601

Transaction that you are using: say VL02N...using this value, it goes to T158, it finds movement indicator, KZBEW (L Goods movement for delivery note)

If the transaction involves any special stock, (say consignment W)...for simple case, say no special stock so...blank for SOBKZ

Plant is supplied by the transaction that you do

Material# you will supply

For Plant and material# you supplied, it goes to T134M (material type config) to see if value update (WERTU) and Quantity Update (MENGU) are active or not.

It selects this combination and passes back to code in its search

Receipt Indicator (if it is stock transfer, say T etc)...in your case, it is Blank

Consumption Indicator (Blank for you)...(Consumption posting

Specifies that the consumption is to be posted to a consumption account (V) or an asset account (A). The indicator is used in the case of goods receipts for purchase orders and is derived from the account assignment category of the purchase order....Used by SD and QM to determine if an assignment to

CO object is necessary)...just don't worry about this very much...

Now SAP found all the values it requires (above listed), to go to T156SY to find what are the values of Value String and Quantity String.

So, while narrating this, I ran the entries suitable for the above scenario in T156SY and go the below values:

Pstng strng ref 601

Value updating X

Qty updating X

Special Stock

Movement ind. L

Receipt ind.

Consumption

Value string WA01

Quantity string MA01

SLoc. necessary X

W/o value strg.

InspLotOrigin D 05

InspLotOrigin C 02

Bus. trans D PMS1

Bus. trans. C PMS5

For you, just important ones are -

Value string WA01

Quantity string MA01

Now, it turns out to be more interesting:

Let's talk about Value String first:

WA01

Go to T156W with WA01

You will have:

Trans./ev. key:

BSX

GBB

PRD

BSX

UMB

GBB

GBB

BSX

This content derived from (T156W and earlier determined content of T156SY) together gets into a valuation program SAPLMBGB (FORM WA01).

In this program, it loops an internal table X156W and extracts values:

Transaction/Event Key and its corresponding value

Simultaneously, From T030 (OBYC configuration for account determination) will be looped to pass the determined G/Ls back to code (for the above transaction/event keys)

From T156W, counter (say 02) for corresponding processing key (Ex: GBB) is used to determine matching Keys (02) in T156X of course, passes the account modifier to T030:

Movement Type 601

Value updating X

Qty updating X

Special Stock

Movement ind. L

Consumption

Value string WA01

Consec. counter 2

Acct modif VAX

Check acct.ass. X

(again VAX and VAY are determined based on cost object requirement...ignore it for your basic understand now)...depends upon consumption posting ...

The result goes to an internal table XACCIT to provide us the final accounting document results.

-- T156B can be used for copying CO object (say Project or WBSE) to PRD account if customer wants..

Second episode continues tomorrow..

Former Member
0 Kudos

lOOKING FORWARD YOUR SECOND EPISODE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, Sen da,

I will do it today itself....