cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enqueue server memory question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I’ve just installed the NW CE 7.1 SP3 on a 2003 Windows Server with 2 GB of RAM. I’ve observed that this instance use more virtual memory than the previous NW CE 7.1 SP1. I’ve monitored the processes’ virtual memory and I’ve viewed that enqueue server was consuming 800 Mb of virtual memory.

Is this normal? It seems a large amount of memory for this type of process. The size of enqueue table is set up to 64000Kb.

Thanks advanced.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sergi,

For some odd reason SP3 is delivered in a configuration for very high load on Enqueue.

This can be changed in the profile of the SCS found in C:\usr\sap\CE1\SYS\CE1_SCS01_hostname profile.

The values can be downsized to

enque/table_size = 8000 ( lock table size in MB, required size depends on applications )

enque/server/max_query_requests = 1000 ( number of internal message containers, must never get short )

enque/server/max_requests = 1000 ( number of internal message containers, must never get short )

#enque/async_req_max ( remove this parameter in order to use the default value )

enque/encni/threadcount = 4 ( does not consume lots of resources, keep this parameter )

enque/snapshot_pck_ids = 100 ( recommended value = 1/40 of enque/table_size, -> 200 at enque/table_size = 8000 )

Hope this helps!

And thanks to bring this up, as we didn't recognize this ourselves.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny

Thanks a lot, memory consumption now is right.

Answers (0)