cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC Scenario, want to update the table. How ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on File to RFC Scenario. I do'nt want any response from BAPI.

But i want to update the table with the standard BAPI. to get the functionality of BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT i have done below settings.

In Receiver RFC Adaptor i have checked "Advance Mode" and "Commit handling for Single BAPI Calls".

1) Do i need to check "BAPI Advance Mode" ? If it is 'Yes', Do i need to mention any RETURN TYPE Values ? Please give me that Syntax.

2) Whatelse i have to do to update the table. ?

3) In this RFC Adaptor which user id i have to use ?

If my procedure is wrong, please tell me the exact procedure for this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Naveen,

I have done the similar scenario, file to Rfc scenario.

1) Do i need to check "BAPI Advance Mode" ? If it is 'Yes', Do i need to mention any RETURN TYPE Values ? Please give me that Syntax.

<b>

there is no need to check this option.</b>

<b>"Commit handling for Single BAPI Calls".

this option is sufficient , so check this only .</b>

2) Whatelse i have to do to update the table. ?

<b>this much is fine , only before running the whole scenario plz commite the BAPI once or twice externally in R/3 system.</b>then run your scenario ,it will update the table.

3) In this RFC Adaptor which user id i have to use ?

<b>the user id of R/3 system in which BAPI resides .</b>

Hope this will work your scenario, if find any problem ask me again.

regards

HONEY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Honey,

Thanks for your response.

I have changed my scenario by using RFC Wrapper. I have created new RFC by including required BAPIs. I have checked all related threads, to solve this problem most of the consultants mentioned RFC Wrapper or ABAP Server proxy.

By problem has solved, but not with this configuration.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Naveen,

Its good that you got another way of RFC wrapper, but <b> this way you can complete your scenario easily</b> because for every RFC you have to go for Wrapper. You can try this for your case again , I have faced the similar problem and i didnt use any wrapper or proxy.

hope this will ease your problem .

regards

HONEY

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen ,

The best and flexible way is to use ABAP Server proxy in this case. Do u know how to write proxy ..its basically abap code where you will call the BAPI.

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and good thing is that it will improve your performance a lot as Proxy does not need any adapter. We bypass adapter engine during proxy call and hence performance is good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Thanks for your reply. If i wont get any solution for this then i will go for that.

Becaue here i have done everything. In RWB -> Adaptor Engine(RFC) -> The message status is 'Waiting' with error message "<i>Error BAPI response was a table of type BAPIRET2 with 2 rows</i>".

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone can give me some solution for this ?

Regards,

Naveen