cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Time interval for 0CO_OM_CCA_9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends I want to set the Safety Time interval for 0CO_OM_CCA_9 Datasource to One hour. I went to BWOM2_V_SAFETY but I do not see any values in SE11 Display BWOM2_V_SAFETY in Source ECC System

Error:

No database view exists for view BWOM2_V_SAFETY

Then I tried to Go to BWOM_SETTINGS but I find the values like BWFISAFETY = 1 and BWFITINBOR = 020000

what do I need to change to make the delta extract faster like in 1 or 2 hours or is this setting ok. I read the oss 416265 BUT It did not tell this/

what is these values and how it link safety interval.

Please help me explain what is these two tables and how can I make and customize the entries in this table for safety time interval to 1 hour.

<b>SDN Response in one of the post</b>

discovered that that there are 2 parameters that control the upload of FI data to BI... Data of the previous day are never extracted by default before 2am the next night... This is controlled by the 2 parameters BWFISAFETY and BWFITINBOR in table BWOM_SETTINGS in the source system.

If you have any documents please email at soniyakv@hotmail.com

Thanks

Soniya

Message was edited by:

soniya kapoor

null

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That note is extremely important ,what it means by default CO extractors extract DELTA data with interval of 120 minutes or 2 hours so if posting is done at 4.00 PM you would get that data at 6.00 PM by default ,in order to avoid that you can tweak around this settings for less interval using the table BWOM2_SAFETY and the note u mentioned .

Also refer note- note 553561 for more details

PS - this only affects DELTA extracts,full records no time interval required.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check below if it helps :

"You can define the safety time using the BWOM2_V_SAFETY view in the OLTP system as follows:

· You can use different safety times in minutes for each DataSource.

· A safety time that does not refer to a DataSource applies to all DataSources for which you have not made a special entry.

A database index (index 4) is provided for the COEP CO line item table via the time stamp (COEP-TIMEST). This time stamp is not active in the standard system. In case of performance problems, you can improve data extraction performance by activating index 4.

COEP line items cannot be changed after they have been created, except for the document text. If the document text is changed in SAP R/3, the COEP-TIMESTMP field is not updated. For this reason, changed document texts cannot be transferred to the BW using delta extraction.

In full update mode, the system cannot select any CO line items based on the time stamp. All line items that are appropriate for the DataSource and that were selected in the InfoPackage are transferred to the BW. A subsequent delta update is not possible, as the system does not log a time stamp.

With commitments, the line items are not simply generated once and then never changed (as with the costs), but are changed on a continuing basis as the commitment is reduced. For this reason it is not sufficient to extract just the new records to the BW. Instead, all changed records must be extracted and the delta against the previously extracted version of each record must be determined. This delta determination takes place in the ODS objects in the BW. In delta mode, therefore, the commitments extractors extract all line items that have changed since the last delta; these line items are extracted in their changed form (after-image). For this reason, commitments line items can only be analyzed through the use of ODS objects.

Deleted records are a special case. If records are deleted in R/3, they are not extracted. For this reason, the records are not deleted in the BW. To solve this problem, after the first delta init is executed all deleted commitments line items are written to a special R/3 table (COOI_PI), and this table is extracted as well"

Source : Help