cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an ODS feeding an InfoCube. Deltas are running fine. Now I have a new req to add 1 new field to ODS and 2 new fields to InfoCube.

This new field in ODS is a data field. I extended my ODS and did a full self-load onto itself (ODS) to populate this new field.

Coming to InfoCube, I extended the cube with 2 new fields and created 2 dimensions, 1 for each of new fields.

I heard someone saying I need not drop the cube and re-load it to populate the new fields.

How is this possible? I thought if I run the delta load from ODS it would create duplicate records in InfoCube.

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add new fields to the cube, only issue is that existing data in the cube will not have this data populated unless a reload is done.

Delta from an ODS to Cube will not create duplicates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to delete & reload all data if you want history for newly added fields.

Remodelling Tool only works for Cubes as of now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this true when I am adding the new fields to newly created dimensions in the cube?

I am on 3.5

Also please note that I am adding characteristics and not KeyFigures.

Thanks,

Kumar

Message was edited by:

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Is this true when I am adding the new fields to newly created dimensions in the cube?

I am on 3.5</i>

You can add new fields, new dimensions cannot be created.

You can add keyfigures but as already mentioned for history data for added fields you have to do a reload.

If history is not reqd you can just add and data will be populated for the newly added fields from the next load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Let me know how did you add new fields and dimensions to the cube which has data. I believe that it is not possible in 3.5.

If there is any special approach to achive this, Please let me know.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nopes, there is nothing special in this. You only cannot remove fields from the cube that has data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If you are on a BI 7 system you have a remodelling option from RSA1 under the Administration block. However, check on development that this serves your purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remodeling is to drop an InfoObject even if the cube contains data.

Anyways I am on 3.5 and looking to populate a new field in the cube without having to drop the cube and re-load it.

Thanks,

Kumar