cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Version Mgmt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus -

I have a few questions in planning version management. Appreciate if you can help me out.

<b>Scenario</b>: I have some planning data in the active version 000 and I have used "/SAPAPO/VERCOP - Copy Planning Version" to create a new version 001. Now I have the same data in both 000 and 001.

Then I went on to change some planning data in 001 to do my what if analysis and I arrived at a final plan which I want to see in 000.

Question: How do I do this? Since we cannot just copy it back to 000. Do we have to replan it in 000? Or do I have to delete the existing 000 and then copy/create 001>000? How is this normally done?

Appreciate your help!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, copying planning data back to 000 is done normally

you need to check the transaction /SAPAPO/VERMER

help and explanation is here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/07/af9a309a1dbb42b78bddd1a4fa7331/content.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have changed data thats just time series data then a copy data using TSCOPY will work between the versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish -

I am copying order series data, so I would be using the merge functionality. However the help document says :

<i>SNP orders are not permitted to be published directly into the SAP R/3 system. Communication with the SAP R/3 system is only permitted to take place using the Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) component. The system performs a technical check of the corresponding Customizing for this.

It is not permitted for any releases to be made into or out of SNP until all the planning versions that came from an active version have been copied back into this active version</i>.

AND when I tried to copy my simulation version results back into the active version, system does not let me do it and gives a message "<b> Function not possible because of transfer to OLTP systems"</b> and says I should try avoiding transfer to OLTP system.

But I do need to transfer the Preqs(both SNP and Deoplyment and POs from TLB) to R/3 and my SPRO settings for " Configure Transfer to OLTP System" is setup in such a way that I transfer all output of SNP/DEP/TLB to R/3.

Any idea what could be done here?

Thanks a lot..

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys -

I read an OSS message on this and SAP did confirm that the " Configure Transfer to OLTP System" needs to be set to " no transfer" momentarily, then run the planning version program and then change the config back to " send orders immediately".

For me this doesnt make any sense as " planning version" merge is part of the regular process for a planner and keeps happening all the time and I do not see the IT folks working in tandem with planners changing the SPRO customization in production!!

Will appreciate it if someone can throw some light on how they use planing version merge functionality. Does it mean that all the clients who use merge functionality just send STOs to R/3 and not SNp stock transfers amd Deoplyment stock transfers?

Thanks!

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same scenario. I am trying to take a work around to get the data from one version to another by converting the same into a difffernt data series .

I would really appreciate if you can get back to me if the planning version merge worked for you.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: APO consultant on Jul 2, 2009 12:07 AM

syed_hassan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Varun,

Here is my answer:

1. Please never delete active version 000 on APO system. This will lead to system crash or corruption of live-cache.

2. APO provides you with the capability to merge planning version data starting from 4.0

3. You have the option of comparing master data between versions.

regards

Najam