Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Keep Header' Option in SOAP sender adapter not working

former_member189719
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have exposed a webservice using a SOAP sender adapter in XI. A SOAP client is sending request to this service.

The SOAP request has some elements in the header like wssecurity and ws addressing tags.

When I remove the header elements and send the request my scenario works as expected but when I include the header fields I get a time out in my soap client application and cannot see any message, any where on XI. Can somebody help me understand why this is happening.

Thanks

Dilip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 'keep header' option is only valid for predefined XI specific headers. All other headers are ignored. So the WS-Addressing, which is not supported.

If you have wssecurity, you have to assign certificates to check the headers.

See in online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1f/7e2441509fa831e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

Stefan

former_member189719
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

In my scenario it is ok if XI ignores the soap header tags it does not understand. I want the system to ignore the header tags and go ahead and process only the payload.

But unfortunately I keep getting a time out whenever I send a request with the header tags. When I remove the header I can sucessfully post documents.

I tried increased the time out to 5 min but still continue to get the problem. So am sure the problem is not exactly related to timeout, but due to the header tags.

What do you suggest?

Regards

Dilip

Answers (0)