Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select options: uploading INTERVAL values from a file

maciej_domagaa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

On a selection screen you have a "select-options" field. You can upload values for that field from a text file - but it looks like it works only for a file containing list of single values.

I need to upload <u>interval</u> values (a list of values "from" - "to"). What format should have the

input file for this to work ?

I guess I tried all the possibilities - columns separated by tab character, by coma, by semicolon, used ASC "format" or DAT - the result is still the same: only the first column of data included in the file is visible to the system - values "to" remain blank.

Has anyone solved it ?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Maciej

Your answer here

<u>Example text:</u>

10000&&60000

80000&&90000

4 REPLIES 4

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maciej,

as far as I know this built-in feature of the GUI processor does only support the entry of a list aof simple values from file.

If you would like to use it very frequently. you may think of uploading to a program, create a BDC table for the ranges (and other parameters) programatically and let the program do a call transaction with itab.

Regards,

Clemens

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Maciej

Your answer here

<u>Example text:</u>

10000&&60000

80000&&90000

0 Kudos

Great !

That's just what I need - works perfect.

Thanks very much

regards

0 Kudos

Thanks Tuncay!

Always nice to know: There is still a lot know...

Regards,

Clemens