cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization check without writing password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I could really use a help with this issue...

There are several statuses available for transport requests in our SManager. Those are:

1. import of request

2. development finished

3. transported to test

4. test finished

5. approval

6. transported to production

Now we're facing the problem that every SOL user can set any status he wants, which is not very wise thing to do (some external programmer can easily set status 'approval for production').

We tried to accept usage of digital signature (method: System signature) but couldn't deal with it, because it takes to much time to enter password for each and every one of the requests you want to change status... Everybody is full of administration and we want some kind of user exit that will perform authority check and inform user is he or is he not able to set the status.

Now, I realize there is another possibility to implement digital signature using another kind of method, but don't know what to do, where should I start with my programming :)?

I suppose I need to have some kind of Z* function module or BAPI or ABAP program to provide this?

Please help me.... Any kind of information will be useful...

Thanks and best regards,

Sanja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sanja,

My answer to this question would differ depending on our scenario..

Since your are working with URgent or normal corrections which are also classifed as change transaction, your best bet would be to go for use of authorizartion code..

Detailed xplanations:

This could be done using Authorization codes assigned to status..

Now there is an authorization object B_USERSTAT which can be used to achieve this..

So Follow these steps:

1) SPRO-> SAP solution manager->scenario specific settings-> status profile-> Change Status profile for user status..

Now here navigate to the status profile attached to your Urgent correction transaction type..

Generally status profile is SDHFHEAD.

If your using a Z status profile navigatte to that status profile.

2) After this done, against each status, you will find auth Codes assgned to status

For Status 30 ZUTE Zu testen( TO be tested) find the corresponding auth code, generally ( SDHF_02).

Similarly for status 60 PROD Produktiv( production) find the corresponding auth code..

3) Assign the relevant auth code to appropiatate roles by including new authorization object in that role( B_USERSTAT) so assign relevant values to that roles..

Important:

if you dont want to use standard auth codes, you can also create custom auth codes..

i dont remember exact path in spro, but just search for keyword authorization codes and you will get it.

So only users with valid auth codes can set that particular status and no other user can set it, if he/she tries the system will throw an authorization error..

Please do reward points for usefull answers...

Revert for any clarifications..

Regards,

Anand..