cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realignment job is not finishing even after 60 hours of running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Executed /sapapo/ts_realign_copy job in the back ground.There are 92000 odd steps in the realignment table as the job did not run for last 6 months in a given system.The job is not finishing even after 60 hours of execution.Please suggest.

Regards,

Harpal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess it is also a function of level at which you are doing realignment and number of characteristics you are dealing with. I would recommend to try to check the job steps to ensure how many steps have been executed. 92000 steps would definitely take a very long time, and typically one would want to do it in multiple runs. Let us know how long it finally took.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a help from your basis team to see that this background job is running properly or not? or it is having status just as running.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harpalsinh,

I think that the best option is to:

1. Extract the volumes from the Plannig Area to an Info Cube

2. Realign the data in the Info Cube. The performance is much better!!!

3. Generate CVCs based on the data in the cube.

4. Re-load the realigned volumes back to the Planning Area.

Regards

Alper Myumyun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there... 92000 is a very huge volume in the realignment table as for every single step it internally determines all the CVCs and then realign them. For example in step 1 if Material From and Material To has been entered then this program finds out all the CVCs of the above input which may be 1000 or 10000..... now you multiply this with 92000... imagine how many records are getting realigned... One suggestion to optimize is to create a parent program which submits to the Standard Realignment program in a Wrapper of may be 1000 (Please decide this value of maximum entries to be fed)... by doing so you will be creating dynamic child jobs running parallally which would reduce your runtime exponentially !! !!

Tell me if some more inputs are needed...

Reward if usefull !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harpalsinh,

How many CVCs are being realigned? Where are you realigning (Planning Area or Info Cube)?

It is always useful to run consistency check before realignment.

Regards

Alper Myumyun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harpal.

Note 812045 gives some advice reagarding realignment performance.

Rgds, M