Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious problems with Patch 12 + Patch 13 of BW plugin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have the following problem here on some of our computers:

- With BW Plugin 3.5 (Patch 12) we get some error messages "Visual Basic Runtime Error 13" - Type mismatch so that we downloaded Patch 13 and installed the patch (Version 3500.13.065)

- If we now try to run the BEx analyzer (either directly or via BEx Browser), Excel starts, the plugin starts to load, but then Excel is only saying "Initializing Business Explorer Add-In" and nothing happens at all. I only have the hourglass waiting and waiting and waiting.....

I already de-installed the SAPGui completely, reinstalled everything without success. If I check the installation with SAPBEXC.XLA everything is ok. Excel Macro settings are set to medium and now I do not have any idea what to try next.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

We are on BW 3.5 Patch 9.When i try to open the query,i am getting the following message"Run-time Error '13'; Type mismatch.

How do i resolve this?Please suggest.Is this something patches earlier than 13 are not supporting.If you have any OSS note,i would appreciate if you could send it over.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can take a look at OSS 1006943 and 1045244, but I do not know, whether this is already affecting patch 9.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

the problem is solved! Our anti-virus tool (Kaspersky) blocked the access to the BW macros

Regards,

Andi