cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS and Training & Events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using ERP2005 (ECC6) and have implemented the ESS & MSS 1.0 Business Packages on EP7. I noticed there is virtually no Training iviews - I have created IAC iviews for PV7i and PV8i on integrated ITS as suggested for ESS but what do I do about MSS? Do I really have to install the old HTMLB MSS Business Package for managers to be able to book their employees on courses? Especially as SAP note 1007341 excludes support for the ESS-in-MSS workset...

I've looked at the PE-LSO Business Package, but we don't want to use all the PE-LSO functionality (or pay for the extra licensing) and I couldn't see a MSS part to it anyway - it was all ESS.

What is the recommended (and supported) solution?

Many thanks

Jane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jane,

I have been pondering the same question. If you have a look at note 720460, it says:

<b>Attention ERP 6.0 customers:</b>

Services in SAP Employee Self-Service based on the external ITS are no longer supported with SAP ERP 6.0 (formerly known as mySAP ERP 2005). For more information refer to SAP note 870126. SAP recommends to use the Web Dynpro (Java) applications instead.

As a consequence the ESS-in-MSS functionality as part of SAP Manager Self-Service of the BP for MSS 60.1 (HTMLB) is also no longer supported in SAP ERP 6.0. The Web Dynpro (Java) ESS-in-MSS functionality within the Related Activities iView should be used instead.

However, some services are available on the integrated ITS (e.g. Course Offering PV7I) and therefore supported for SAP ERP 6.0.

ESS services which have been converted by SAP to the internal ITS and which are included in the ESS-in-MSS standard delivery (of BP MSS 6.01 HTMLB) are supported for SAP ERP 6.0.

That last paragraph seems to imply that it's supported. Maybe there is a way you can link PV7I on the integrated ITS into the Related Activities iView?

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I had hoped there was a standard (i.e. non development) way of achieving this, considering that it was part of the standard delivery of the old HTMLB MSS BP.

John - yes that would be good (linking the ITS iview into Related Activities) but how? Previously, there was a standard ESS-in-MSS iview (com.sap.pct.hcm.essmssviewer.default) that allowed the personnel number to be passed from the Team Viewer to the ITS ESS screen - is there anything that does that in the new business package?

Regards

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jane,

I guess the chances of the newer Webdynpro MSS iViews working along side the older ITS screens is pretty slim. Not sure how/if the Related Activities can be customised yet, but will be looking into it further over the coming weeks as we are facing the same issue.

One option might be to create an ESS in MSS workset that uses the old Team Viewer and the integrated ITS IAC's that you require. Depends on whether your users can live with having both the Employee Search and Team Viewer in MSS. Probably not supported long term, but hey, if it works......

Regards,

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Integrated ITS suppoorts pv7i and pv8i. you can use these transactions from integrated ITS by creating IACs.

If you are aware of the transaction that allows manager to book the employee on a BET then you can create a transaction iview and create your own role.

with LSO perspective customizing the BSP is the best option after copying it.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jane,

there is no manager-books-employee-on-course functionality with the new MSS BP at all. If you need such a solution, you have to create your own application and hook it up to your portal.

What i have done for a customer is we enhanced / modifiyed the LSO ESS componenet for Managers, so they can book their Employees on courses.

regards,

Markus