cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM5.0 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently in CRM4.0 and planning to upgrade to CRM 5.0

we have used EEWB to enhance the Sales order fields .

In 5.0 do we still need to use the EEWB tool to enhance the sales orders or the fields will be automatically created once we copy all the custom programs created by the EEWB and created transports from 4.0 to 5.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

If you upgrade your CRM 4.0 system to CRM 5.0, your EEWB fields should still be in the system. I assume you are not do a "fresh install" of CRM 5.0 but rather truly doing a CRM 4.0 upgrade to CRM 5.0 where each of your dev, qa, prd, sbx, and trn systems are upgraded.

You may however need to adjust your PCUI layouts to show the EEWB fields, as this could be lost, depending on how you updated the PCUI in CRM 4.0. However the extensions in CUSTOMER_H, and CUSTOMER_I should still exist once you upgrade.

I would recommend buying the CRM-RKT guide for CRM 5.0. I know for the US it is only $500. There are several delta guides and PCUI adjustment guides for upgrading between CRM 4.0 and CRM 5.0.

Good luck,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Thanks for the answer.

We have enhanced the sales order transaction fields at the header level and the item level using the EEWB.

We are not using the PCUI in our system.

So now since we would be doing just an upgrade so is it safe to say all the enhanced fields will be present in the 5.0 system

Also we are doing an upgrade of the r/3 system to ECC 6.0 .

So is it safe to say everything will be moved to the new system in r/3 too .

Please correct me if I am wrong as I have little experience doing an upgrade

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Since you used the standard SAP tools and are just doing an upgrade, then everything should be be there. I would still allow some time to verify that things didnt get wiped out, but I believe you should have no issues. Especially on the non-PCUI side, where the screen layouts would not have changed.

The general rule for upgrades is "trust, but verify" if you have used standard tools for object extensions.

I would also do a notes search for EEWB to make sure that SAP has not released any notes for post-upgrade steps that you may need to have done.

Good luck,

Stephen