cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCR - Difference in Contents for order

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a large number (16,000) of difference in contents errors for planned orders when I run CCR. When I try to send from APO to R/3 or visa versa, the changes don't go through most of the time. I've found that if I make a change to the order in R/3, the order will reconcile itself between the two systems.

SAP initially recommended changes to CP3 so that the APO date always overrides R/3 order date changes. We use SNP to do long term planning for our plants and use R/3 (MF50 Order Dispatching) to schedule the orders in the short term (2 weeks out) so this won't work for us. I tested it and it ignores all of the dispatching we do.

Has anyone else seen this? I can't help but wonder if its a bad design on our part to use APO to do part of the planning and R/3 to do the rest. Regardless, I would still hope that order changes in either system would flow seamlessly back and forth.

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John, one other thing has occurred to me. Check that your time zone settings are consistent between R/3 and APO - that might explain why you are frequently 9:00 hrs out.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

John, you haven't said what differences you are seeing. My advice is gauge whether or not the differences are significant or not. Sometimes I ignore, for instance, 171 errors as we're not interested in locations in APO. (There is an OSS note to fix this particular error if you're getting it).

I often find minor differences in the end date and time of orders. I've never bothered to fully analyse why it happens but I'm guessing it's a difference in calendars. Sometimes you will see an order due at 23:59:59 on one day in one system and 00:00:00 on the next day in the system. I ignore these. Even if you resend the dates and times don't align.

If you have more significant differences check your planning calendar and timestreams (production calendar) are aligned between the two systems. You also need to check your master data (ppms, recipes, resources and resource calendars) are consistent.

Also, check if you have any user exits in the cif. We employ some to stop reschedules bouncing back and forth between systems on for instance confirmations. We have other fixes for functionality like interrupt operations.

OSS note 853867 should be enough to get you started along this thread.

Good luck!

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris, the majority of the errors are 161 Difference in Contents. Most of these issues are related to date and time. I consistently see errors with the same difference in time (ie 9 hours). Some of the errors are out 3 months and I know no one has actually touched the order in either system.

One thing I should point out is that we are primarily using planned orders only as part of our Repetitive process. Not sure if that impacts what some of these OSS note are recommending.

The calendars in APO were created off of the calendars in R/3 so I think we're good there. I had Basis validate that the systems were both reflecting the same time as well and they are.

I ran RIMODINI on the planned order model last night and that corrected most of the errors. I don't think that's the right way to fix the errors but I could be wrong.

Thanks for your help.