cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a requisition from Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, I am working in ERP 4.7 and in transaction ME51N I have button Document Overview and option to create a requisition from a contract. But when I search the contract, select this and press Adopt button the system don´t do nothing.

What can I do? Can I create a requisition from a contract?

Thanks in advance

Rose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To answer straight to your question:

NO. A Preq can not be created with reference to a contract as you are trying (from document overview on the left side in ME51n).

But, as Prashanth explained, it can be created by assignment to a contract. How it works? :

1) Setup a material

2) Mark the material as source list required in purchasing view of the material master

3) Create a contract for the material in that plant

4) Create a source list...source of supply should be that vendor of contract and contract with item# and plant and porg

5) Assign the material with appropriate MRP type to be able to execute the planning run

6) Your MRP will automatically assign the preqs so generated in planning, to the contract picked up from the source list. The mandatory thing is, mark source list line with MRP relevant indicator 1 ...

7)If more than one source is available, you may mark fixed source in the source list

😎 If nothing is marked fixed and if more than one valid source available, MRP doesn't assign any source but when you try to assign the PReq, it proposes all valid sources.

There are infinite variations possible based on requirements in each project. We use much better version of the above process which I couldn't explain here because it is laborious...

Hope, this helps!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala, I don´t have materials with material master record in my company.

I create contracts for services principally and don´t have service master record neither.

Thanks in advance

Rose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is the case, why are you looking for PReqs creation with reference to a contract? Perhaps, you want to create a Purchase Order for the requested services (may be originated from plant maintenance, or freight purchases etc). We have similar scenario. How we do is -

We first create Global Contracts for services. With reference to these contracts, we first create Freight Purchase Orders. These purchase orders are utilized by shipment cost documents to create Service Entry Sheets automatically when shipment cost documents are settled in transportation module. For this reason, we don't require purchase requisition, of course. Now, anyway, there is a facility to create PO automaticaly from shipment cost document settlement. We have switched to this functionality. No more we create manual PO#s.

Perhaps, if you explain why you are creating manual service preqs especially referring to a contract. A contract can be used to assign to a purchase requisition for creating a release order. Not sure, if I am confusing you, but have wealth of knowledge in this area too in the projects...please explain your requirement in detail.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rose,

yes u can create a PR using this contract but instead of doing it bydocument overview click on source determination and then system give u an option for that material in Item detai - source of supply and here u can assign ur Contract as a assigned sourse.

Thanks

Prashant