cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data inconsistency in the reports after BI7.0 upgrade (Urgent Issue Please)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have done a technical upgrade from BW 3.0 to BI7. After an upgrade all our reports are giving an inconsistent data with respect to data target.

We have a picture of reports executed before and after an upgrade. None of the reports is matching. There is a data in the cube but the same data is reflection wrongly in the reports. Even after creating new reports.

This is a very urgent issue. Can someone please help to sort it out?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have aggregates on this Infocube??

if yes those might have got corrupted ,check it with RSRV.

Try executing reports in RSRT with option not using aggregates as a part of sanity check.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello chetan,

Thanks for your response.

Data in the cube is correct but not reflecting the same in the report. I tried RSRT execution and debugging with out aggregates and cache. Still the same issue.

Any other insights into the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you describe your inconsistencies??

What exactly is the error

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Its not an error.. basically data is not consistent

For Ex:

For one profit centre the data is 30000 in cube but the data in the report is showing only 10,000

For an employee / cal month his number of hours in cube is 180 but the data in the report is 61

I have regenerated the reports after the upgrade. Tested the report data in RSRT with out using aggregates and cache, authorisations are not causing any issues too

I really don’t understand why the data is inconsistent in report with the data target?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a pattern or just this one single cube causing a problem?

If its pattern then something is really fishy ..if its not i strongly suspect aggregates.

Is it possible in that case to just deactivate the aggregates(fill later) and check it,some times RSRT may not give appropriate results..

You may wish to wait for others to reply ..

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..