cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling KNVI in the MDM Customer Master Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are entering our Customer Master Data via MDM (i.e. Data Manager).

We Syndicate the Customer Master Data to SAP ECC (using XI/idocs).

This is going 'ok', however, we are experiencing a hang-up with the KNVI segment.

I have KNVV (Sales Data) modeled as a Qualified Table.

For each Sales Data Key (Sales Org/Distribution Channel/Division), we want a set number of rows (Tax Categories, TATYP) to be populated and initially default to Tax Classification (TAXKD) of '1'. (If MDM allowed a Qualified Table within a Qualified Table - we would be in good shape - but, this is not possible at this time.)

I guess I could accomplish by using a multi-valued lookup table.

However - my question is ---> I was wondering if anyone else encountered this issue and how did you end up modeling the solution in MDM?

Thanks!

MMF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only option in SAP MDM to solve your issue is Multivalued Flat lookups inside QLT...

We used in Multivalued Flat lookups inside to store some codes.(Knid off similar situation).

It works perfectly for us and also syndication works perfectly.

Pls award point if it solves your issue.

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a similar scenario - what we done here is to create the a multi -valued table called Taxes. This contains the Tax ctgy (lookup table) & code fields & country (lookup table).

In the main table we are using the tax catgy & country combination to create a compound field which is mapped to the the Tax field in the main table.

In the export map the KNVI segemnt is maintianed as a repeatable node.

In this way while importing data as the Tax is a multi-valued lookup table it is able to store all KNVI values from R/3, similarly as the export map contains the repeatable option set - this data can be sent back succesfully to R/3.

Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input.... I will try this approach today and I'll let you know how it goes! MMF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita - Your solution sounds like what we want to try. I have a few quick questions.... re: the first/second paragraphs of your response.

(1) I create the Multi-Valued Lookup table called 'Taxes' in our Sales data Qualified Table?

(2) Where do I create the 'Tax Category || Country' compound field? in the Customer Main table? or the Sales Data Qualified Table?

Thanks, Anita!!

MMF

0 Kudos

Hi I have not come across this situation. But here is my 2 cents..

If I am right you are scenario is like this

Sales Data - Qualified Lookup table.

You have Tax data which has relationship with Sales data as one to many. Meaning for each sales Data non-qualifier fields combination , you have multiple tax data records.

I guess my approach to this issue will be

If tax data has not very many columns (Besides Key combination), I would just keep that as multi-valued lookup table, pointing to Sales Data QL table.

If Tax data has more columns, then I would create a separate Qualifier lookup table called Tax data (Keys will be all your sales data keys + tax data keys). and point to my main table.

Thanks

Job.