cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Standard costing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have a problem where in User was trying to cost for 8 materials and by mistake he executed the CK40N for the whole plant, he recollected this in between and cancelled the process, but by then it deleted the standard cost value in planned cost field for many materials and they are unable to book sales for these materials now. So, I was planning to re cost these materials by updating the future cost field in accounting view 1 in material master. While processing this I found that user was already working on the year end process and changed the structure for some of these materials. So, now when I try to re cost these materials I can see that the new structure is being considered and giving me the new price.

So now I wanted to re cost these materials with old standard cost of year 2007. Here I observe one more thing where the standard cost field of all these materials shows me the correct value but planned cost is empty in costing view 2 in material master.

So, can some one help to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through CK40N, you can Cost, Mark and Release. Was the user in Release stage when he/she aborted?

When you mark it updates the future planned price and when you release it updates the current planned price.When you say "it deleted the standard cost value in planned cost field for many materials" do you refer to current planned price?

You can always recost with past quantity structure, by entering appropriate quantity structure and valuation date.

You mentioned "Here I observe one more thing where the standard cost field of all these materials shows me the correct value but planned cost is empty in costing view 2 in material master."

It appears more like the user ran CKR1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Thanks for your response.

You are correct the current planned price is missing in material master.

I was trying to recost these materials using the past quantity structure date as 01/01/2007 and value date as 01/01/2007 and even then it is costing with the new different values. Do, I need to change this any where else other than the dates tab in CK40N.

Thanks

Shilpa

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to first exactly identify which date was used to do the costing for the deleted cost estimate. You may check this from other materials that survived from deletion.

STKO table holds the bom history. Even the deleted BOMs are stored. You may want to liase someone with PP expertise for intrepretation.

Those are the only dates in CK40N that determines, Check after the run if the dates you entered are remaining there. Sometimes that date may be overwritten by current date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Thank you, let me check that..........we used a very old bom for previous runs, I need to confirm it form users and will try executing this again. Thanks for all your help.

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

I did find the previous costing dates with the quantity structure (01/01/2007) and valuation date(01/01/2007) from Table KEKO and performed CK40N with these dates respectively and nothing is giving me the same standard cost. I also tried with all the BOM change dates as the quantity structure and valuation dates, even then I am not getting the expected values.

Thanks

Shilpa