cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII 12.0 & UME data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the future releases are there any plans to incorporate the functionality to import/export the UME User/Role Data as well from within xMII System Management?

I was made aware that a similar functionality exists with EP.

Also when we move accross environments (D to Q to P) would we have to always deploy the JDBC drivers or does the Import/Export configurations takes care of that as well?Probably not.

Regards

Udayan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Udayan,

Can you be a little more specific on what you mean about importing UME data in xMII system mgmt?

The JDBC drivers are not part of the project or configuration import/export routines, so this would be a one time installation effort, and really only part of a landscape transport (D/Q/P) if a new connection type was introduced. This effort could be also be pushed to the NW admin to do, and instead of xMII IDBC connections you use the DataSource connection (then you don't need to upload the JDBC driver into xMII).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs.

I mean just as we currently have the Configuration Management (Import/Export configurations) and Project Management(Import /Export Projects) functionalities within the System Management , are there any plans to introduce a similar process to import / export roles & users, which would allow an xMII Administrator to import / export roles rather than a NW admin recreating the roles every time.

I understand that there is an Import/Export tool within the UME but according to our BASIS guys "it has been very buggy in the past resulting in incomplete imports/exports" but we still need to test that functionality to get a better understanding.

As for JDBC drivers , if we use the IDBC connector then it will not be a one time installation , correct? I think we would need to deploy them every time we have a new environment.Correct me if I don't understand this part.

Is there any documentation on the Datasource Connector?I couldn't find it so far. Still looking.

Thanks.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Udayan,

User Administration is entirely managed by NW UME, so of course no xMII import/export here. You have to use UME capabilities for this, since LHSecurity is gone...

Uploading the JDBC driver to a given NW xMII server would be a one time step (per server of course) if you were rolling out a SQL/Oracle connection to the landscape. Updates to content and/or configuration will be independent of this and should not require you to upload the jar file more than once on a server.

The NetWeaver Admin can create a named DataSource and the xMII based DataServer is just a pointer to it. All of the connection pooling and administration is done in NetWeaver and in xMII, aside from creating the Data Server properly, the only administration is mapping the desired UME based Roles against the Data Server for proper access.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy

Thanks for all the information.

Regards

Udayan