cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yearly Billing Plan - Pricing/Discount - Multiple Settlements per year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am creating a Service Contract/Quote with yearly based prices (condition type PPSV) at item level.

For these ones, I could have a discount (RB00).

When there is only a single settlement per year, it works fine : I have the net value which is correct.

But when I choose to change manually the billing plan, the PPSV is well pro-rated and it brings me all the fixed parts of the pricing procedure (discount) at each settlement.

The issue is I want to count only once the discount per year without really pro-rating it to the period.

For example : for a two years contracts (PPSV = 1200 ; RB00 = 100)

With a "normal" billing Plan (one settlement per year), I get

Year 1 = 1100

Year 2 = 1100

With two settlements per year, I get

Year 1 - Semester 1 = 700

Year 1 - Semester 2 = 700

Year 2 - Semester 1 = 700

Year 2 - Semester 2 = 700

I would like to have settlements of 650 instead of.

I could not really use the "pro-ration" at discount level because when it is a six months periods (with for example, 2 settlements), I need that the total of discount should still be 100. In this case the settlments would be 350.

Do you know how I can achieve this requirement ?

Best Regards,

José

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

José

Try creating your own copy of condition type RB00 exactly the same as RB00 but with a calculation type of "N" (annual price).

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jon,

Yes, I tought about this option but when the period is less than an year I don't want really "pro-ration" : I always want the full price to be divided among all settlements within this shorter period.

If the discount is 100, the sum of all discounts done in the settlements should give me 100. When you use a "N" type, for a six monthes period (single settlement), you only get 50.

Best Regards,

José

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi José,

I have exactly the same requirement as you did. How did you solve the issue?

Best regards,

David

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Davwang,

The same solution as already provided here, but with little difference. The RB00 condition type (or some other condtiion type for discount purpose) should have the calculation type as M and not N as mentioned. If this is done, the situation will work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I made a mistake in my previous message. For year based settlement, the values would be :

Year 1 = 1300

Year 2 = 1300

Best Regards,

José