cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of entries in a pricing condition table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was wondering if the amount of records that can be stored in a pricing condition table is limited to a certain value?

Is it for example possible to load more than 10 million records in one condition table?

And how will the system perform when checking this condition table?

Many thanks for your feedback,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The condition tables are similar to other transparent tables.

If you know the condition table(ex-A005 etc) where you are expecting large number of records.

You could verify the techinical settings for that condition table in SE13.

The field Size category is used to store the Data records expected.

Depending on your requirement you could update the Size category and there should not be any performance issues if this value is updated correctly.

Example:

SzCat Number of data records of table expected

0 0 to 11,000

1 11,000 to 45,000

2 45,000 to 180,000

3 180,000 to 720,000

4 720,000 to 58,000,000

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Many thanks for your feedback!

I checked in our system and I came to the conclusion that e.g. the A005 table in our system is a <b>pool</b> table.

Keeping this into account will there be any issue with performance if more than 10 million records are stored? Won't the system will need a lot of time during the pricing run in VA01, etc.?

Our initial idea was to create a new condition type, create a new access sequence containing for example 10 condition tables (all with the same fields) and divide our records over the different tables in such a sequence that the most used 'customers - materials' would be in the first tables.

Do you have any feedback on this,

Many thanks,

Nicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a condition type, access seuqnce is the one that governs first whether we can maintain condition record or not. So, let's nail it down from the access sequence. Access sequence can be assigned with maximum of 99 tables ( iam just using the logic how I can see in the config...some one correct me please, if my expectation is wrong)

So, for a condition type, if we go and try to maintain a conditon record, say from master condition transaction, first we will be asked to select key combination. The combinations we are proposed with is just equal to the number of condition tables we assigned to the access sequence of that condition type. So, how can we have more than 99 records (combinations for which values can be maintained)?

So, I don't see a situation where we will have millions of records for a condition type.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Maybe my question was not very clear, let me try to explain via an example.

Suppose we use a condition type ZP10 with an access sequence Z001 in which condition table 005 (customer/material) is assigned.

During loading of the pricing more then 10 Million records will be loaded.

Customer A - Material A - Price A

Customer A - Material B - Price B

etc.

Hope this clarifies my question,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got it clearly now. Hmm...Interesting....I don't expect any limit on this because I can have n number of customers for my business. Well, I am marking this in the watch list....:-) I am also curious to know the answer!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicky,

There is no limit in SAP. You could maintain N number of records.

Thanks

Murtuza