cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD01 Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation, I have ran MD01 after one of our plant has changed its factory calender to specify one whole week as holiday.

I have checked all planned orders and none of them are firmed. Now when you run MRP for plant (MD01) with planning mode 3, The MRP should reschedule the planned order for that week, which was changed to holiday recently.

FYI.. the week in question is within the planning horizon.

After Planning run (both MD01 and MDBT) I am still seeing so many materials that are missed during planning.

When I run MD02 for those materials which are missed, I can see them getting planned.

Does anyone have any clue on what is happening?

Please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please come back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still My question is unsolved..Rajesh..Even after running MDAB for the whole plant..I Don't find no planning entries ..Please let me know if you have any clue what is going on?

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ang

Do you use MRP area ?

If yes, please check table DBVM instead of MDVM.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

please come back

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kole,

MRP selects materials for planning based on the Planning file entry for the materials...in your case some of the material have undergone MRP relevant change after your last MRP run, so system would have created a planning file entry for the same. This is the reason only some materials got planned.

As suggested by Rajesha... Please run MRP(MD01) with processing key NEUPL-Regenerative Planning....so that all the materials in the plant would be considered for MRP Run.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks for your hint..I checked the planning file entries for the materials which were missed during the MD01 run and didn't find a X indicator under NETCH or NETPL. It is strange that these materials are not added in the planning file. Because in SAP as soon as you enter relevant MRP type in material master, the material should be automatically added to the planning file.

The materials which were missed in the total planning run has a MRP type of PD. Is there a way I can include these materials into planning file (Mass entry other than MD20) or can you please tell me y these materials were left out.

Do you know any SAP table where I can cross check these entries against Material and Plant combination. I tried MDVM table couldn't find nothing.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Kole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FYI..I am running MDAB for the entire plant to make a new entry in planning file and I will keep you posted the outcome of this effort.

Thanks

Kole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Run MD01 using processing key = NEUPL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get the answer? please come back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business does not allow me to Run MRP with NEUPL. Other than considering NEUPL, is there anything else which can try out.

I thought the same earlier and the business is totally opposite to use NEUPL. So I have dropped that idea.

Any other suggestions, please let me know.