Change and retransport 2LIS_11_VAHDR into Production
OK. here is my situation. I have modified the datasource 2LIS_11_VAHDR with a new field and now I am ready to transport it to Production. I have read a lot of theory and the weblogs by Roberto, but this is the first time I am actually doing it. can anyone please clarify the gaps that I have. We are using 11_ITM, 11_SCL datasources also and 'queued delta' method. The data first goes into an ODS object and all the keyfigures are set to "overwrite".
This is what I'll be doing.
1. Delete any data in the setup tables from LBWG.
2. Request for 15 minutes of R/3 downtime.
3. Clear LBWQ Queue for MCEX11 by running Job Control. Remove Job Control from schedule.
4. Clear RSA7 queues by running the delta. I need to clear ITM and SCL deltas also by running delta infopackages.
5. Now all the queues are empty. Now I'll move my transport into Production. R/3 transport will go first and then BW transport will follow.
6. I will run 'delta without data transfer' InfoPackage in BW for 2LIS_11_VAHDR into the ODS. (I think we don't need to touch ITM or SCL at all). This will initialize the datasource in R/3 and actiavtes the delta queue. We do not need to set the 'early delta initialization' as we are using queued delta.
7. Downtime is over in R/3. Now documents start posting into the delta queue.
8. Now I'll run the setup table for all the history data.
9. Once the setup is done, I'll load 'Full with repair request' into the ODS for HDR only.
10. Once the full load is done, I'll schedule the 'job control'.
11. After this is done, I'll execute the delta infopackages for HDR, ITM and SCL and schedule them.
<b>QUESTION:</b> I do not think there is any impact for ITM and SCL datasources. Please clarify.
Thanks a lot for your thoughtfull response. Please correct me if you see any mistakes in the above approach.
no, the setup will warn you that there is still data, but since you won't be doing a full load on anything other than HDR, it doesn't matter.
You do need to empty HDR though
Message was edited by: