Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy with active CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have our CUA landscape as follows:

<b>Test CUA:</b>

Central System is Solution Manager 4.0 (SM2)

Child Systems are ECC 6.0 systems DV2, QA2, and SBX

<b>Production CUA:</b>

Central System is Solution Manager 4.0 (SM1)

Child Systems are ECC 6.0 systems DV1, QA1, PD1 (Production).

Other systems in our landscape which are <b>not</b> connected to CUA:

ECC 6.0 systems UPG and TS1.

We are about to perform a system copy from our production system (PD1)

to TS1 (not in CUA) and DV2 (child system of different CUA).

My Questions are:

1. What are the pre and post steps to be performed for the system copy?

2. For the copy from PD1 to DV2, after the system copy, DV2 would be pointing

to the wrong CUA parent system. How can we avoid (handle) this?

3. How should we handle the User Master Records during the copy?

4. Does SAP suggest any particular method for doing the system copies with active CUA ?

The concern is we do not want to disconnect our production system (PD1) from CUA

during this process. (Though we can do it for any other system)

Please comment on this.

Regards,

Kalyan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the system copy from PD1 to TS1, nothing much is needed, except possibly to delete the distribution model ("delete CUA") in the new version of TS1.

For DV2, you'd have to update the distribution model after the copy (not entirely sure about this, but I presume it would mean re-distributing it from the correct CUA). Also, for the user master records, these would presumably have the wrong roles in the new DV2 (role assignments would reflect the old PD1). The steps to rectify this would be the following:

Execute SCUG from the CUA system, in order to recover the (new or different) users

Re-assign roles from the CUA system. If the users did not previously exist in the new CUA landscape, or didn't have any role assignments on the "old" version of DV2, you have a potential problem, involving manual role assignment work. If, however, all the users from PD2 did previously exist on the "old" DV2, with roles assigned, you'll simply have to re-distribute using program RSCCUSND, provided the roles visible in table USLA04 does exist in the new version of DV2. If the roles do not exist, you again have some manual work to do...

In short, such copies are relatively easy provided that:

1. The user communities in each system are identical

2. The role populations in each system are identical.

If any of these two conditions are not met, it means additional work, possibly involving extensive use of SU10... As long as DV2 is a dev system, you'll probably be able to do mass imports/uploads of non-existing roles without too much hassle from basis or other potential killjoys.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Hello Trond,

Thank you very much for the reply. It was really helpful.

As you have said the system copy from PD1 to TS1 does not need much work. I have tested this already and deleted the CUA distribution model. It worked fine.

For the system copy to DV2, I would be disconnecting the DV2 system from CUA landscape before the copy and later connect it back to the correct CUA after system copy.

Is there a way to export the whole users with role assignments (my case in DV2), and import this back after system copy. That would solve the problem in my case.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Kalyan

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use a client transport to export users and roles. There are specific client copy profiles.

Transaction SCC8

Profile SAP_USER

After the system copy reimport the transport orders.

Regards

Rainer