cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait Event Condition

0 Kudos

I have a workflow for Parked docs using BO FIPP. I have three forks. One of them is a WAIT FOR COMPLETED EVENT step

Basically, I only want this workflow to end whe someone else outside the workflow completes the document. So I put in a condition (CompletedBy # UserName).

However, the workflow is not respecting the condition. I checked the Instance Linkages table, and there is no check fn module against that event..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use a Workflow Container element that will return as X from the task that creates that event. Now put the wait for event inside a loop that will terminate if and only if this container element is not X. I hope you understand. This container element becomes X only when someone´s processes from Wflow and if it is processed from Wflow then this event should not be addressed to complete wflow.

Thanks

Arghadip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create a fork, you specify how many branches must be completed for the fork to be completed - or a condition that must be true. That's the key to solving your problem. That is also where you have entered your condition already, right?

If you want to end the parallel section <u>only</u> when your event has arrived you should set the number of branches required higher than 1 (I would recommend equal to the number of branches).

If you have a dialog task (e.g. to edit the parked document) with terminating events you can perhaps disable all the terminating events to keep it active, otherwise you should put it in a neverending loop - so that there is always a task until the branch completes.

Of course you also need to bind the event creator from the wait for event step to your CompletedBy container element, so you can check it in the condition, but I think you already have that covered.