cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Export/Import via R3load

0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP recommended a sorted export/import for oracle databases. A unsorted export/import ist very very quicker than a sorted export/import.

very quicker means sorted = eg. 56 hours and unsorted eg. 12 hours.

Is there any problems if i take the unsorted export?

regards,

stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

>> SAP recommended a sorted export/import for oracle databases

That fact relies on database internal facts like clustering factor of indexes to the table. You will benefit of a sorted export in cases of primary indexes access and so on... but this topic is much bigger than your question.

>> very quicker means sorted = eg. 56 hours and unsorted eg. 12 hours.

Where did you get this values from? You can split big tables or packages ... or define parallel access paths and so on... and it depends on your database configuration (sort areas, PGA, etc..)

I have done some migrations/exports with distmon... and optimized it manually ... so i got from round about 72 hours (normal export with some split packages) to only 12 hours. I have done only sorted exports.

>> Is there any problems if i take the unsorted export?

Some tables must be exported sorted (for example cluster tables) - have a look at sapnote #954268 ... but generally there are no "problems".

If you have a BW system... some rules are changing...

@ Markus:

>> You mean the usage of "R3load -loadprocedure fast"? Or how do you do the "unsorted unload"?

The option "loadprocedure fast" has nothing to do with the unload process. It speeds up the import (insert) by bypassing the buffer cache. Refer to sapnote #1045847 and the following link:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/c21dlins.htm

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

if you have to export from Oracle and import to Oracle you may also use unsorted export. If you have to have a database independent dump, you have to export sorted because MaxDB import is much faster if the data is sorted. The export of cluster tables have to be also sorted if you change the database or the code page (ASCII -> Unicode). But this is normally handled automatically by R3load if you use a recent copy (at least in NW 2004s).

Regards

Ralph Ganszky

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean the usage of "R3load -loadprocedure fast"? Or how do you do the "unsorted unload"?

--

Markus