cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender RFC adapter - Tight coupling to an SAP client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are using a sender RFC adapter to receive a RFC request from SAP , process the request in XI and then send back a response to SAP.

Our requirement is that , this request may come from different SAP clients(client 100, 130 , 200 etc). Looks like RFC adapter configured under a Business System in XI cannot listen to calls from multiple clients and works for only one client. We get dumps in SAP when invoking this RFC from other clients.

Also i hear that the same program id cannot be used in two different RFC sender adapters, meaning i have to create a different RFC destination , create a different program id for each client in SAP.

Is there a way around for this issue ?

Thanks

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

you may try a little workaround:

configure your rfc adapter only with client 100

and try invoking RFC from clients: 130 , 200

on the client 100 first (with a dummy RFC on client 100)

and then from this dummy RFC on client 100 you can start your standard RFC with your rfc adapter

don't know any other way:)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal , nice workaround . Looks like this is the only way, althoe it may hurt the performance of the interface, since we expect a response in real time but ll ve to make 2 RFC calls for this.

Thanks

Saravana

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:)

you should have seen some of the workarunds

I've seen with XI but the "strange" thing is that they work

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your basis is on 6.2 or above, you could use client abap proxies instead. Infact abap proxies is the recomended way instead of using RFC Adapter.

Naveen