cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI install question..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have couple of queries regarding 2004s PI installtion which i failed to do succefully. So, I am trying to do again on same host.

1. I generated the key during my last installation. I want to use the same now. Other than that what is importance of solution manager for PI installation. Do i need take care anything.

2. I have to configure template installer as soon as i install PI. Is there any other configuration i have to do.

Basically, i had problem with my SLD which i want to avoid now.

Please guide me. So that i can succeed this time with your help.

Thanks in advance,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

I uninstalled and reinstalling PI. Hope this time it goes.

I want to know what i have do after that.

is there any configuration i have to do for SLD.

I want to add some other systems to my XI SLD

I am using local SLD.

I will try to run template installer, but before do i need to configure any thing. or just after isstallatio i can go ahead with template installer.

I am actually a XI developer, but i am need to install this and configure to start my development. That is the reason i am facing several issues.

Thanks for your answers to my previous threads.

Please advice,

Srinvas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

During the installation of PI on windows, I got below lines in end. I am not whether it completed the installation or not. when i tried to start MMC, it started. All processes are running. Hope it went fine.

I want to start with template installer.

P.S I posted this as another thread.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

INFO 2007-11-07 20:13:57

CJSlibModule::writeInfo_impl()

Output of C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin\java.exe -Xmx256M -Djava.ext.dirs=D:\usr\sap\X3T\DVEBMGS01\SDM/program/lib;C:/j2sdk1.4.2_09/jre/lib/ext -jar D:\usr\sap\X3T\DVEBMGS01\SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar savetargetconfig targetconfigfile=TARGET_CONFIG_630_GENERATED.XML sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\X3T\DVEBMGS01\SDM/program "logfile=C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/callSdmViaSapinst.log" is written to the logfile java.exe.log.

INFO 2007-11-07 20:14:00

CJSlibModule::writeInfo_impl()

Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin\java.exe -Xmx256M -Djava.ext.dirs=D:\usr\sap\X3T\DVEBMGS01\SDM/program/lib;C:/j2sdk1.4.2_09/jre/lib/ext -jar D:\usr\sap\X3T\DVEBMGS01\SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar savetargetconfig targetconfigfile=TARGET_CONFIG_630_GENERATED.XML sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\X3T\DVEBMGS01\SDM/program "logfile=C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/callSdmViaSapinst.log"" finished with return code 0. Output:

Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/7.0006.20060303095356.0000

Initializing Network Manager (50117)

Checking if another SDM is running on port 50118

Successfully executed. Return code: 0

INFO 2007-11-07 20:14:01 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:637]

showDialog()

Execute step retrieveSchemaUser of component |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0.

Closing RFC connection 000:DDIC:EN:ctdevpwrsv19:01::X3T:...

Closing RFC connection 000:DDIC:EN:ctdevpwrsv19:01::X3T:... Done!

Closing RFC connection 000:SAP*:EN:ctdevpwrsv19:01::X3T:...

Closing RFC connection 000:SAP*:EN:ctdevpwrsv19:01::X3T:... Done!

Closing RFC connection 001:DDIC:EN:ctdevpwrsv19:01::X3T:...

Closing RFC connection 001:DDIC:EN:ctdevpwrsv19:01::X3T:... Done!

Closing RFC connection 001:SAP*:EN:ctdevpwrsv19:01::X3T:...

Closing RFC connection 001:SAP*:EN:ctdevpwrsv19:01::X3T:... Done!

Exit status of child: 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

Thank you very much. I just started installation of PI. And i will try to run template installer after that.

If any problem, i will post it. Hope, there are no other configurations for SLD.

I want to see SLD on PI which i failed last time.

I will update if i face any issue.

Thanks in advance,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

Thanks. So, you recommend not to use template installer.

what if i use template installer run and problem occurs. then, i do manual configuration. Is it ok. May be i have to start from page 31 of XI30 installation.

Only this configuration is enough, or do i need to do XI post installatio guide steps.

I got some problems with my earlier installations, Some how i could not see my SLD.

Please recommend,

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the template installer fails, I complete the post installation steps manually.

I always check through the post installation guide even if the template installer works. I also check OSS Note 764176

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

Thank you. But i am installing PI70. So, in this case i can't use XI30 guide which i made mistake last time by not using templete installer to take care of post-installation.

Hope i am correct..

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate you are running 7.0, but it is these steps that need to be completed, either by the template installer (that can only be run once - and is very "buggy")

If the installer fails (as it does regularly) I always follow the 3.0 guide to complete the tasks manually. (I have done this three times so far on PI7.0 using this guide)