cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add new field in bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem in reporting Bex. I have a field which is taken from r/3 or from flat file system and it is uploaded to the cube thru ods. I have to calculate a count filed based on this field which is on the cube and i have to get the result on the bex report.Please help me thru.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several techniques, depending on what kind of count you want to do.

To count rows, try creating a new calculated key figure, e.g. Counter1 = 1.

To count non-zero values, create a new calculated key figure, e.g. Counter2 = COUNT ( KF1 ), where KF1 is the key figure for which you want to count non-zero values.

To do more sophisticated counting, e.g. number of documents independent of other drill-downs, there is a white paper on SDN titled, "How to Get the Document Count in a Query using Formula Variable with Processing Type Replacement Path".

Of course, you can also add a "Counter" key figure to your InfoProvider that will help with the counting, and just load Counter = 1 in every row.

If none of these works for you, try posting more details of what you are trying to accomplish.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob

thank you. The count operation is going to be a simple one 'If "x field" is null then '0' else '1'. I have to populated this results in a new field which is a new field that is not there in the cube. I am new to bw. I am now working on the development server but this is a cube is already on the prod server.

I can make any changes in the backend and i can only make changes and get these results in the query level.

Can u also guide me thru the steps of hw to add the new field in query designer.

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you bye.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus please some one solve this problem for me.