cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForms via PWB - Wrong device type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to the SmartForms and PWB world, and am struggling with a problem that I cannot find a solution for.

Task: Send via e-mail correspondence to course participants, using the SAP learning solution, i.e. PWB and e.g. SmartForms.

Problems: I cannot get through with any output after having created a SmartForm based on Form Class LSO_PWB_COVER.

P1: When trying to make a print preview, error SSFCOMPOSER035 "Output type x does not have the device type POST2". No matter which printer (x) I choose, this message will appear. Note 944221 suggests something about PDF and ADS set up that I am not allowed to do myself, and I am hesitating to get the Basis Team going. Is the note the right solution, or can I somehow tell the PWB and/or SmartForm to not base the output on POST2?

P2: When starting the e-mail send request I get a strange error: LSO_CORRESPONDENCE409 "Data for required field was not read". Notice that there are to spaces where a field name should have been stated. It goes on with "This field is flagged as required in Customizing", but I cannot find anything that resembles the issue. Does anyone have an idea on what is wrong?

Kind regards

Kim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing the same issue and would appreciate

If anybody could share the solution.

Thanks

Krish

mausumi_ray
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the same issue in our system when we try to implement the email functionality for LSO. We get the following error when we book an employee in a course and try to see the email in correspondance worklist:

Data for required field was not read

Message no. LSO_CORRESPONDENCE409

Diagnosis

This field is flagged as required in Customizing. However, the system could read no data with the current correspondence request.

The correspondence type is invalid for the current activity.

System Response

The current correspondence request cannot be output.

Procedure

Check whether the correspondence type selected is valid for the activity.

And we get the following error message when we try to a print preview of the email content:

Output type LOCL does not have the device type POST2.

Message no. SSFCOMPOSER035

Diagnosis

You have chosen an output device that does not have the specified device type.

System Response

The output device is not accepted.

Procedure

You have to enter an output device that has the relevant device type. Use the input help to make your selection.

It would be great if anyone can suggest how to fix this issue.

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Mausumi

ABS_SST
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

how did u solve P2 ? I have the same Problem at the moment, maybe you can tell me how i can fix LSO_CORRESPONDENCE409.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I am having the same problem...Any hint on how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Iulia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, and another question: To analyze the e-mail problem I would have liked to debug it, but as it apparently is run in the background it seems impossible. Is there a way around this, as e.g. is known with RSNAST00?