Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send username and password to XISOAPAdapter

brian_arthern2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please provide a sample piece of source code showing how I can invoke the SOAP Adapter, sending an XML payload and also pass the username and password?

Many thanks

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian!

I assume you have already created a SOAP->XI->... scenario, right? And want to test it..

Well, you need a Web Services cleint which can be some aaplication or XMLSpy or (I use) soapUI.

For example, in SOAP UI, when you import a WSDL, SOAP request is automatically created and you provide username and password in the properties of SOAP call..

Need further info?

Peter

brian_arthern2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You're correct. We actually have a mobile c# client running on smartphones (some Pocket PC 2003, some Windows Mobile 5 and now Windows Mobile 6). We are attempting to convert from Business Connector to PI.

Because of scalability issues with SAP Web Dispatcher we are not using it, but instead we are going PDA <-> Microsoft ISA Server (using Active Directory cert authentication) <-> PI <-> ECC

So we need to provide a client Certificate for ISA but also username/password for XI SOAP Adapter

The problem is there seems to be limitations in the mobile c# SSL capabilities so we are trying to understand whether there is some way to send the username and password as header variables.

thanks

Brian