cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controllers types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know the different types of controllers in the web dynpro applications in detail.I know there are 5 types 1)Component controller,2)Custom controller,3)View controller,4)Component Interface controller,5)Component Interface View controller

So pls any one explain me in which situations we can use the above controllers what are the hook methods for each controller.It is very urget for me.

Regards

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Component Controller: This is the default controller that is created while you create a webdynpro component. It act as a global data provider to all the controller within this component.

2. Custom Controller: This is same as Component Controller. We create custom controllers to encapsulate some seperate logic.

3. View Controller: When a view is created a corresponding view controller is created as well. This is the portion of the view where is handles events that may occur in the view. eg. button clicked in a view is handled by the event handler defined in the view controller.

4.Component Interface controller: This provides an interface for external users of the component. eg. CompA wants to interact with CompB then this is handled using Component Interface Controller for data transfer and event handling.

5. Component Interface View Controller: This is the controller for the visual representation of a component. Start up plug, exit plug are handled by the component interface controller.

Warm Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

Thanks for your quick response now I came to know in which situation we can use the controllers..but still I have dought in the case of hook methods of all controllers, could you please explain those hook methods....suppose wdDoPostProsess() method, when it will get call like this I want to know all other controllers hook method functionality............

Regards

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sesshanna,

wdDoInit() : Called only once when the controller is created. Write all your initializaation code in this method.

wdDoExit(): Executed when the controller is destroyed. All clean up code should be placed in this method.

wdDoModifyView(): Hook method called to modify the view just before rendering. Whenever any event takes place in your view then wdDoModifyView is called immediately after your eventhandler.

wdDoPostProcessing(): This is a hook method for error handling during context validation. This method is called in the last process step before rendering. Therefore, it allows you to add application-specific clean-up processes.

wdBeforeNavigation(): This is a hook method that allows the programmer to implement their own processing if they wish to override the standard navigation.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza

Thank you very much.......If youdont mind can I know where are you staying ...bcz I am looking for a job in the web dynpro development environment, presently i am working on java/j2ee technology and i am staying in bangalore. and give your contact number.....i will call you

Regards

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

have a look here: <a href="http://www.sap.com/jobs">http://www.sap.com/jobs</a>

kind regards

Stefanie