cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0Sourcesystem data mapping dynamic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

How to get 0sourcesystem filled dynamically from the different source systems i have

Like R/3 and BW

We have 4 different R/3 systems to get the R/3 data and 5 BW systems global to get the BW data to BW

so 1 Cube and 9 different source systems (4 -R/3 and 5-BW)

I know we can hardcode it in update rules or transfer rules,which is static and not dynamic,

Is there any way to do this dynamically??

I am talking only from TRANSACTION data point of view and not from MASTER data view,we get master data from only 1 system -R/3 rest all is transaction data,but i want to know the source system dynamically when I go in QA and PROD after transports,hardcoding the value in update/transfer rules wont work

pls help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at the infoobject 0LOGSYS and in particular the global transfer routine on the general tab.

/Christian Frier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

can you please explain how it will solve my problem in detail,it was too short an answer

can u explain exact steps as per the posts on forum previously we do not need 0LOGSYS

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the idea was that you could look at how a transfer routine could be implemented by refereing to 0LOGSYS. The idea is that you do not need to feed a value into the characteric (in your transformation or transfer rule) that come from your source system, but is filled by the routine.

/Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but am still unclear as to how to proceed

I am looking out for steps here and how it will work pls

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I belive you can just copy the code from 0LOGSYS and use it on your characteristic. Don't map a field from your data source to your characteristic - just let the code fill it. Below is the code from 0LOGSYS on my system.

[code]

PROGRAM CONVERSION_ROUTINE.

• Type pools used by conversion program

TYPE-POOLS: RSD, RSARC, RSARR.

TYPES: DE_0LOGSYS(000020) TYPE C.

• Conversion rule for InfoObject 0LOGSYS

• Data type = CHAR

• ABAP type = C

• ABAP length = 000020

FORM CONVERT_0LOGSYS

USING RECORD_NO LIKE SY-TABIX

SOURCE_SYSTEM TYPE RSA_LOGSYS