cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Minisap application server to start automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've successfully installed Minisap on my computer, but my problem is the Application Server starts automatically whenever i switch on my computer which slows it down. I tried using XP's scheduled taks to run cmd Stop Application Server but it does not seem to work. Is there anyway i can solve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you're talking about the ABAP trail, right?

If so please check the start profile under <i><drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile</i> (e.g. START_SCS01_<hostname>).

In it you should find the parameter <i>Autostart =</i>. Set it to <i>0</i> and the application server shouldn't start automatically anymore.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Norman Schru00F6der

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norma,

The only files in there are DEFAULT.PFL, NSP_DVEBMGS00_<hostname> & START_DVEBMGS00_<hostname> and there is none with Autostart in it. However on closer inspection i've reliased that the Application Server isn't actually started because i still have to go and start it or else i get the "Connection to partner broken" error message. I don't know if its the database server or not, what happened is everytime i switched on my pc it was so slow and when i opened the XP's Task Manager, there was a Kernel.exe (using upto 120,000K of memory) and a couple of disp+work.exe processes running and i thought it was the app server. I've also realised that after a couple of minutes that the Kernel.exe memory usage goes down to less than 20,000K and also not that slow.

Thanks for your reply though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can also try the following:

1. go to Start -> run...

2. there type in services.msc and click on the OK button

3. search for the two entries "SAPDB: NSP" and "SAPNBP_00"

4. set the startup type to manual

5. restart your machine

Hope it helps.

Regards,